Wiring help needed for temperature sensor

siztenboots

Wiring help needed for temperature sensor

Postby siztenboots » Thu May 15, 2008 9:52 am

I have bought two of the RT AT sensors , which I ordered with cables, each has three wires.

Presumably I wire both sets to a common supply, and common ground, and each signal wire to a channel input , but which wire colour is which ?

It is being used to measure pre charge cooler and intake charge air temperatures, is there a formula I need to use to convert V to 'C ?

To go from a temperature change of 20'C cruising to as high as 70'C on full boost , what will the time response be like ?

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Thu May 15, 2008 10:20 am

The RED wire goes to the 5V Output on the DL1 (assuming you have a DL1), the BLACK wire goes to earth (any earth is okay, as long as it's a good one), and WHITE wire goes to an analogue input.

The equations are either in the Analysis/Dash config software, in the manual (or online knowledge base), or at the end of a phone call (where you will get instant answers - unless they make you file a stupid "online support ticket", in which case moan and shout until someone helpful answers).
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 pm

the RT sensors are set in the analisys software as external sensors and the data froma DL1 takes the Raw voltage reading the software converts to DegC on th eother hand if you configure a Dash 1-2 they show the actual Temperatures A1 is analog1 [5v] simply selsect from a drop down menu Bosch air temp DegC and hey presto temperature on dash its great

the temperature smaple is 100hz so pretty instant i have oil water and air on my dash all update as the car is moving fast enough to show any problems before they damage the car like leavig the cooling fan switch off. Doh teh water is reading 95Degc. oops normally runs at 75..lol

siztenboots

Postby siztenboots » Fri May 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks everyone, will give it a try this evening.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”