Help! No RPM, Oil P or Oil Temp readings

BaileyKnight77

Help! No RPM, Oil P or Oil Temp readings

Postby BaileyKnight77 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm

Any help asap would appreciated, entered at Brands on sunday!

Just Installed a Mk1 DL1 and Dash 1, with i have installed the Eurosensor for Oil P and two Bosch temp sensors for oil and water.

RPM is wired straight to the coil.

I have a brand new CF card from RT and had the latest firmware sent to me today 905 (think thats right).

What is happening is that although i conifgure the dash 1 using the software when i put my CF card into the DL1 it says updating but does not change the screen settings. So at the moment i only have volts a and OP -17! All the screens 1-5 remain unchanged altought they should update to my new config. :?:

All GPS functions seem to be working speed, long, lat etc.

I am missing something, could my DL1 be corrupt?

Thanks

pault

Postby pault » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Did you update the Dash 1 configuration? While I don't have a Dash 1, it appears that you update the programming of it from the Dash 1 configuration program, not the CF card that plugs into the DL-1. Of course the DL-1 configuration file needs to be copied to the CF card. While you don't mention that you copied it from your PC to the CF card, I'm assuming that you actually have done this.

Good Luck!!!

Paul

BaileyKnight77

Postby BaileyKnight77 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:08 am

Well the firmware i was sent was to reflash the Dash 1...what i now wonder is that i may need the latest firmware for the DL1 as well to reflash that?? Or does the firmware cover both products??

i have copied the files to CF card but reading through the RT manual last night it did say you can't leave different files on the CF card as it gives unpredictable results i.e Config and reflash files. Which is what i have done at the moment!

Hopefully this will solve the problem! Thanks for the help Pault

faraday

Postby faraday » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:23 pm

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ASH1AndVOB

This help is quite concise. I do not have a Dash, so I haven't gone through the procedure to confirm that things happen as described, but it is most unlikely to be wrong. I suggest that you re-read it carefully.
Please note, have only the Dash.Hex file on the card for the re-flash procedure and afterwards remove it by reformatting.

The logger is re-flashed with a different hex file via serial connection from the PC, but I doubt that it needs it.

Before you start reflashing the Dash, what happens if you press the down button while turning it on? If the first re-flash worked you should see 9.05 on the screen.
What version software are you using? If it is recent, you should have seen the warning from which I've copied the above firmware version check method...
This post may be unnecessary to remedy BK77's problem. The system will probably behave once the hex file is removed from the card.

I've made the effort anyway because re-flashing is risky and best avoided unless instructed to do so. It is also often confused with re-configuring...
Other readers may benefit...

:roll:

BaileyKnight77

Postby BaileyKnight77 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 am

I have all temp and pressure readings! It took a few attempts to configure the Dash but now works perfectly.I discovered also that the reason the oil p sensor was reading -17 was that the red and black wires had broken...so soldered them together and its all good.

Only problem left is i have no RPM and my warnings alarms don't seem to be working but i'm going to call RT now and see what action i should take.

Thanks for all help and advice

pault

Postby pault » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:21 pm

What did you have to do to make it work?

Paul

BaileyKnight77

Postby BaileyKnight77 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Just made sure that the only file on the flash card was the .dat file to configure the dash display.

And also mended two broken wires on the oil p sensor. I did change a few settings with filters etc but now all my sensors are up and running well.

Just trying to sort my out why i don't have an rpm signal with a guy at RT...

Return to “Sensor-related questions”