Strain Guages

DMKMM

Strain Guages

Postby DMKMM » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Hello All-

I was browsing though some of the old posts... lack of something to do, and its always fun to learn stuff :idea:. I kind of stumbled onto a post that started out as a question about linear pot sensor's, and ended up talking about strain gauges.

i do a lot of strain gauge testing, and I’m currently using a Diecy... and I use a DL2 for everything else, g-force, temp, suspension, speed, accel, brake... ect. ect... the Diecy seems to work ok, but data analysis is a MAJOR pain :evil: :evil: :evil:. and I can only record the strain gauge data... and it would be 10x better if I could get my DL2 to record strain gauge data, as well as speed, position, ect. ect...

Does anybody have any experience in using a DL1/2 for strain gauges? I know I would need to get some type of amp to clarify it a bit or whatever? I can’t say I know a lot about this stuff... so be gentle in your explanations and or ideas, or theory’s

-Thanks Guys

osborni

Postby osborni » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:51 pm

I don't know what the variation is in resistance, but have you looked at thermocouple amps?

DMKMM

Postby DMKMM » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:23 pm

yeah i tried the thermocouple amp's... no avail...

:twisted: bump

Return to “Sensor-related questions”