Logging Sensors from SPA Dash

AndyD

Logging Sensors from SPA Dash

Postby AndyD » Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 am

Hi forgive my niave posting this is my first attempt at any datalogging outside the plug and play of the DL1 with an aerial !

I have an SPA Dash that is reading Oil pressure and temperature, water temperature and fuel pressure.

The sensors are the standard ones - I think Danfoss for the pressure sensor but no idea about the solid brass temperature ones.

I guess I can piggyback on the output from the Danfoss sensors and plug into a 5v sensor input on the DL1 without any mods ? And I guess I have enter some formula in the software to get a reading that is BAR ..

However ( forgive my electrical ignorance ) on the temperature sensors how do I go about connecting those ? they have just one wire ..

Many thanks for help

osborni

Postby osborni » Mon May 04, 2009 12:15 pm

If the pressure sensors output a voltage proportional to the pressure, and are in a 0-12v range, then yes, you can just hook them up.

I suspect your temp sensors are a resistance based variety. Unless your spa dash loom has a pull-up resistor to convert to temperature, then you will need to install a temp sensor specifically for your DL1.

There are other threads on how to hook up VDO sensors as well as one wire temp sensors. (in addition to the RT supplied sensors.)
BMW 2000 M Coupe

AndyD

Postby AndyD » Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 pm

Additional temperature sensors required then !

Many thanks for the reply

CharlesElliott

Postby CharlesElliott » Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 am

I have info on the pressure sender equation but it doesn't seem to correspond with what I see on the gauge. Let me know if you get it sorted!

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 05, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi All,

Normally you can connect to sensors from other vendors, but there is obviously more work involved in both making the electrical connection and setting up the calibration.

There is some information here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... WireSensor

and here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... yOwnSensor

Note that these link apply equally to both the DASH2 (DASH2 setup program) and DL1 (analysis software)

That might help a little?

Thanks,

Andy

AndyD

Postby AndyD » Wed May 06, 2009 6:32 am

Helps a lot Andy thanks ..

Do you know about the Hondata Interface :wink:

Return to “Sensor-related questions”