Spa Design Hall Effect Wheel Speed sensors on DL1

marck_c

Postby marck_c » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 pm

osborni wrote:
marck_c wrote:Got the spa design ones to work today. Green = Ground (damn english!), red = +5v and black = signal. Had to put a 1k ohm pull up resistor between black and red. Also needed a rare-earth magnet as a target.

My only problem is I am getting a speed spike on the Dash2 moh readout. Not sure if it's interferance or what. I have the car jacked up and in gear running, with the speedo steady at ~15mph and it will jump intermittently to ~36 mph. Will investigate tommorrow.
signal noise? You could also play with the "Max rate of change" and the "Number of samples to average over" setting on the dash to quiet it down. I have the same issue. Every 10 minutes or so, the speed will spike or drop. Honestly don't ever notice it on the track though.

I only really use the wheel speed for the odometer street legal requirement (which I turn off on the track) and for data analysis, not for speed output. I use GPS for that.

I am also running my gear position from wheel speed with the DASH2 Do you know if the Dash2 can calculate the gear position from the GPS speed? Or is it only from wheel speed?

osborni

Postby osborni » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:56 am

BMW 2000 M Coupe

Support

Postby Support » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

The DASH2 will calculate gear position from GPS speed or wheelspeed.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”