Water Temperature Sensor only dsiplaying Volts

Trackgrip

Water Temperature Sensor only dsiplaying Volts

Postby Trackgrip » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:38 pm

We have just fitted the correct RT water temperature sensor together with the correct lead including the pullup resistor to our DL1 MkII and DASH3.

We have wired the sensor as per the instructions and selected the water tempearture formula from the drop down menu howver all we get is a reading which we assume is volts.

The graph shows 1.42 volts when the engine is cold (approx 18C) dropping to 1.066 volts when the engine is running (a mechanical gauge reads 75C).

Also when we load a run an error message comes up "Error: Error in Expression Syntax,at postion 0" but only when the channel we have assigned for engine temperature is enabled.

It appears that the system is not using the formula in the software. Any ideas?

Support

Postby Support » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 am

I'm not quite clear, are you getting the incorrect result in the analysis software or the DASH3 display? In the case that it in the software, can you check that you are running the latest version please?

Kind regards,

Andy

Trackgrip

Postby Trackgrip » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:03 pm

We get the same information displayed on the DASH3 and in the analysis software.

We are racing tomorrow so I can check the software version (we don't keep car at home).

Last night we tried manually using the formula which is in the knowledge base and set up a math channel. We applied this to our recorded data and it gave us readings about 5degC of what we would expect. We are taking an infrared thermometer with us tomorrow and will try to check the accuracy.

However I have noted that when people have reported problems with the Oil temperature sensor RT Support have given them formulas which are different to those in the Knowledge base so I'm wondering if this is the same for the water temp formula?

Could you confirm the formula and we can enter it into our logger.

Many thanks,

Support

Postby Support » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi,

At some point in the past their was an error in the supplied volts->temperature calibrations, but these were all corrected and checked some time ago. The equations on the knowledge base are in fact slightly older calibration, but still "fine" - there is just a few degrees between them at some points on the temperature scale.

Kind regards,

Andy

Trackgrip

Postby Trackgrip » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:33 pm

We have now resolved this problem by reflashing the DASH3 with latest software. However this has created another problem as we seem to have now lost one of the LED indicators (2nd from left).

Anyone seen this before.

Support

Postby Support » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Hi,

Check your setting in 2.4.1 and make sure this is "off".

Thanks,

Support

Return to “Sensor-related questions”