Brake pressure sensors off-set

patje

Brake pressure sensors off-set

Postby patje » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi,

I've got some brake pressure sensors from RT. Installed them and made the config in the dash2. I'm reading about -6 bar on both sensors.
Voltage 5v is comming from a dl1 and is also grounded at the DL1.

Is there an offset to these sensors? I used the standard bosch sensor settings.

Support

Postby Support » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 am

Which type of pressure sensor have you got - does it have a removable connector on the rear of the sensor, or are the wires attached permanently?

Kind regards, Support

patje

Postby patje » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:59 pm

it has a connector on the back.

patje

Postby patje » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:36 pm

up

Support

Postby Support » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 am

yes - then that makes sense.

We used to use a Bosch sensor which according to the spec was 0-250bar for 0.5v to 4.5v, only it wasn't correct as at rest all the sensors we saw read 6 to 7 bar, we tried to talk to Bosch about this error, but they never gave us a useful response.... so in the end we just changed the equation to account for this offset.

A while ago we changed suppliers for these and the new sensors comply correctly with the specification, with no pressure they give 0.5v... however we've not updated our "special Bosch corrected equation" and so at the moment you are seeing an offset.

The simplest work around it to enter an equation manually:

62.5 * x - 31.25

Note that because the brake pressure sensor is 250bar and 1% accurate, it not uncommon to see 1 or even 2 bar error at rest.

I'll ask that this updated equation is added as a standard option on all the softwares.

Kind regards,

Support

Return to “Sensor-related questions”