Analog input

jbs

Analog input

Postby jbs » Tue May 29, 2012 11:02 am

I have a Dash3 connected to my DL1 and I have recently installed 2 sensors (oil pressure&temp) to the Analog1 and Analog2 inputs.

The problem: Both sensors are showing funny readings on the Dash3. Most of the time, the oil pressure for example is showing -.- or is heavily fluctuating. The temperature is also most of the time off and is fluctuating.

Is it normal that when I unplug the sensor cables from the DL1 connector, the Dash3 is still showing me numbers? It looks as if there was still some current on the Analog1&2 inputs ?

All help appreciated!

Cheers,
Joël

924RACR

Postby 924RACR » Tue May 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I have a similar setup... my coolant temp is powered by my ECU, but oil temp and pressure are from the DL1. I do see values on all 3 when ignition (and therefore ECU) are off, but the coolant temp isn't necessarily correct. Sometimes it just looks like it "sticks" at some value. So I wouldn't worry about seeing a value without an input.

I have been having a similar problem with my oil pressure display on my Dash3, where it's fluctuating oddly. I have not been able to isolate this; I'm tempted to re-flash the dash with the latest firmware, except I have a big race coming up and don't need to risk a new problem if there's any bugs. I just ignore it and rely on my idiot light; besides, I can't read the dash or anything at speed anyway - car's too bloody fast and dash too dim. ;)

But looking at the data from the oil pressure after the fact, in Analysis, it looks fine/reasonably smooth. So this appears to be a dash-isolated problem. Weird, annoying, but not significant. Also odd, the temp info is pretty steady in the display. One of those temps is a calculated value, and the other is a pre-programmed sensor (Bosch IIRC). So this is quite strange. Note that my oil pressure signal is also a calculated value.

So not exactly an answer, but some commiseration and a suggestion to compare with logged data...

Support

Support

Postby Support » Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Can you email in some data from the DL1 when the inputs was showing odd values. This will give us the information needed to be able to advise correctly. It will also be worth sending your DASH configuration.

please email sales@race... who will forward to the technician/engineer available.

Kind regards,
Support

Return to “Sensor-related questions”