Dash2 Readings Vs Logged Data on DL1

Alibaba

Dash2 Readings Vs Logged Data on DL1

Postby Alibaba » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 am

I have a DL1MK2 + Dash2 set up as below:

RPM}
Oil T} --------> [Dash2] <------- GPS Spd (DL1)
Oil P}

All sensors are from R-T. Water temp is wired through the R-T CAN connector. All firmwares are the latest.

My problem is this: On the Dash2, the oil temp and press looks normal. ie during cruise oil temp about 80+ deg celsius, and positive oil pressures. However in the v8 analysis software, the oil temp shows 136 degC, and oil pressure shows negative values. In the variable manager, I selected the Bosch sensor [C] for the oil temp and Oil Pressure [bar], exactly the same was selected on the Dash2 Config. What could be causing the discrepancy?

Second problem is the gear indication on the Dash2 and v8 software. Both seemed to display one gear less than what I'm actually doing. For example I'm driving in 4th gear, but both the Dash2 and software shows that I'm in 3rd gear.

The car in question is a '05 Honda S2000. I've put in the correct gear ratios. Final drive is 4.44, but my car has a secondary reduction gear of 1.208. I tried putting in both 4.44 and 5.36352 (from 1.208*4.44), but I'm still getting wrong gear indication. Analogue Gear is OFF in the Dash2 setting.

I have some other problems that is yet to be sorted out. But let's look at these two first.

Any help or input is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Support

Postby Support » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:47 am

Thanks - that is all very clear.

With regards the sensor calibration and gear setup, the simplest thing is going to be if you email over a raf file please that shows the issues. This can be saved from the analysis software under file -> advanced saves and loads -> save session.

Zip it up and email that file to me at sales@race-technology.com and mark it for the attention of "Andy".

Thanks,

Support

Alibaba

Postby Alibaba » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:40 am

Thanks, just tried to save a .raf file and it turned out to be too big to email. I will try to crop out a single lap of data and try again. Will do so over the weekend.

Cheers.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”