DTA S40 to Dash 2

striker

DTA S40 to Dash 2

Postby striker » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm using the CAN adapter (purchased from RT) between my new DTA S40 and pre-owned Dash2 (Firmware 9.0.2)

I've configured the dash to display water temp and oil pressure using the settings for standard Bosch water temp and 0-10 bar oil pressure switches.

Using the DTA "real time display" software the readings for both these are correct but the Dash dispalys numbers which bare no resemblance to what they should be.

I have ticked the "standard can" option in the DTA software and a refresh rate of 10Hz.

I have fuel level dispalyed which I configured myself and this works fine indicating that it's a CAN related problem.

Also, and I know it maybe difficult to describe, but how bright should the backlight be and should there be any influence on it by turning the cars sidelights on? At the moment it seems quite dark and the sidelights/headlights have no influence.

Any suggestions would be greatky appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Rich

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:39 am

Hi,

Firstly i recommend you upgrade the DASH2 firmware to the latest version off the website. We have made lots of improvements since 9.0.2.

The interface puts the data in the correct units and there is no need to apply an equation to the channel.

What i mean is the standard sensor calibrations are to be used when you have connected the sensors to analogue inputs. This converts the voltage to the correct unit.

Basically remove the equations from the channels.

The backlight is designed to be only be visible at night. If you could see it at day time it would be dazzling at night. The latest firmware only puts the backlight on when the side light input is on.

regards,
Support (K)

striker

Postby striker » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.

I have succesfuly updated the firmware so all's well there.

In the short time I had today I have cleared all the boxes in " enter equation manually",for both the oil pressure and water temp,
so that each one displays "y=" only. This results in the display showing "0" all the time - they do not alter at all while the engine is running.

I've not tried the backlight but will do tomorrow along with re-checking my settings for the pressure/temps.

striker

Postby striker » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Finally got back to this.
Still in the same situation - no readings for pressure or temperature so i checked my settings again.

From the screenshot in knowledge base relating to DTA it shows the "Dash RS232 Stream On?" box ticked. I tried this and had no rev counter as well as the zero's for temp. and pressure.

To get the rev's reading I have to tick the "Standard CAN Stream" box but still no readouts.

I connected the DTA to the laptop and run Monitor Lite and seem to get reasonable figures for Temperature 8 and Pressure 2 as shown in the screenshot below

Basically I'm at a loss now so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Rich :wink:

Support

Postby Support » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:20 am

Can you please email you DASH2 configuraiton to me, I'll take a look at it for you. mhill at race-technology.com

Martin

Support

Postby Support » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:22 am

The problem is that you cleared all the equations so that they read 'y=' rather than y=x. All the inputs are being forced to zero. Use the 'enter an equation manually' option and set the boxes to 0 0 1 0 rather than 0 0 0 0, then you will see the correct values.
I have sent you an email with screenshots to demonstrate what I mean.

Martin

striker

Postby striker » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks very much Martin for the quick and comprehensive reply. Will give it a go :D

Return to “Sensor-related questions”