DTA S40 speedo output to Dash 2 via CAN

striker

DTA S40 speedo output to Dash 2 via CAN

Postby striker » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Last query re: S40 via CAN to dash 2 :oops:

I have the speedo set up correctly in the DTA software and have an output, checked using Lite Monitor, to the Dash 2

Not actually showing a reading in this shot but it's parameter misc4 (speed from the ECU)

My question is : what value should I enter in the "Pulses per mile" in the Dash set-up.
Is it as per the instructions 1609/rolling circumference of the wheel, or the figure that I've calculated for the DTA, or some other figure?

Once this is sorted I'm finished 8)

Thanks in advance once again.
Rich :wink:

striker

Postby striker » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Drove the car for MOT today for the first time after a 3 year rebuild with the 1609/rolling circumference figure entered but there was no reading at all - speed stayed at 0.

Will drive the car with Lite monitor running to see if I still get an output :?

striker

Postby striker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Well, tried it out today with the Lite monitor connected and it does give a reading. Better read the knowledge base again in case I missed something

K567

Postby K567 » Sun May 19, 2013 9:47 pm

same problem did you ever find a solution?????

sick of spending money to add another RT sensor to replace a sensor that any other display can use

Support

Postby Support » Wed May 22, 2013 9:30 am

We have a different version of the firmware which you can reflash with which will transmit this as if it came from a GPS sensor so your DASH will read it, email me, mhill at race-technology dot com and I'll send it over.

Martin

striker

Postby striker » Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 am

Apologies for the slow reply but not been on here for a while

Short term answer was to connect the wheel speed sensor directly to the Dash 2, negating the can altogether although this now means that the Launch Control utility on the DTA won't work.

I'm only using a Dash 2 so the Can is supplying RPM, Oil pressure and engine temp info only at the moment.

Hopefully Martins firmware upgrade will mean that all will be returned to normal.

As an aside is it possible to convert the DTA's oil pressure output in kpa to psi on the dash 2 bearing in mind that the sensor scaling is y=x?

Return to “Sensor-related questions”