Strange Readings

pinoysurf

Strange Readings

Postby pinoysurf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:13 am

Im getting some strange readings on the DL1. I have the throttle input from the ECU throttle position sensor and I have the AFR input from the AEM wideband gauge. Both which are 5V max. Both have been working fine til the last track day. I lost RPM signal and stock instrument panel went dead. It blew the instrument panel fuse and an electronics fuse. I checked the DL1 and for that day and it was showing 50V readings at full throttle and AFR readings up to 30V. With car idling both throttle and AFR were reading around 12V. Does this mean a ground is loose somewhere? At idle throttle should be around .45V. Where is this excess voltage coming from? Then with car running I put a multi meter to the wires at the DL1 input and throttle read .5V and AFR read 2.1V so it seems right. Im stumped.

pinoysurf

Postby pinoysurf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:01 am

OK. New development. The SAFC RPM and the DL1 RPM wires were connected to the ECU RPM signal. Stock dash tach and SAFC tach were not working. I removed the DL1 wire from the ECU RPM signal and now both the stock dash tach and the SAFC tach are working. Then I tried to data log and both AFR and Throttle data are still in the 30-50V range. Now when I was looking at the DL1 I noticed the unit power ground and the RPM input are right next to each other. Is it possible the the 2 wires were touching each other and shorted out the DL1? Is there somewhere here in the US I can send the unit to check if it may be damaged?

Support

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:30 am

Hello,

If the wires touched each other it wouldn't pull current through the DL1 just down the wires.

The analogue channels have lost there calibration which shows something went wrong somewhere. You can return the DL1 to our US office and they will forward it onto us for repair.

Once we have investigated hopefully it shows some clues to what has happened.

Please call the US number off the website to arrange.

Kind regards,
Kieran

Return to “Sensor-related questions”