Reset Steering Angle Dashpro 2

MarkJones

Reset Steering Angle Dashpro 2

Postby MarkJones » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi, currently running a Dashpro 2 with a wire pot sensor on the steering column. (Wire running around the steering column into a sensor box)

Having fitted a new steering rack (Honda Civic Type R Electric assisted) I have two issues.

1. I cannot work out how to reset the steering angle on the dash to zero
2. The steering angle changes when the ignition is turned on and then changes again when the fuel pump is turned on.

Sorry if these are simple issues but relatively new to this.

Thanks

Mark

Support (D)

Re: Reset Steering Angle Dashpro 2

Postby Support (D) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:53 am

Dear Mark,

You will need to re-calibrate the sensor for the new Honda steering rack & test. To zero the reading on the dash you need to do the following:

Take a voltage reading from the sensor when the steering wheel is in the straight ahead position, full lock right position and finally full lock left position > now figure out how many degrees of rotation you have on full lock (For example, if you have one full rotation of the steering wheel from the straight ahead position to full lock left or right, this means you have 360 degrees of rotation) > now if you had for example 0.5V at full lock left, 2.8V for straight ahead and 4.5V for full lock right, you need to enter these values into the dash software like so:

X Y
0.5 -360
2.8 0
4.5 360

If you need help with inputting these values into the dash software, I will be able to send you pictures over email. Please email me at this address so I can send you more instructions (if required): daniel@race-technology.com

Best regards,
Support(D)

Return to “Sensor-related questions”