oil pressure sensor checks

anthony pearce

oil pressure sensor checks

Postby anthony pearce » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:04 pm

Is there a recommended procedure for checking an RT oil pressure sensor using a Multi-meter.

peterguk

Re: oil pressure sensor checks

Postby peterguk » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:06 pm

Do you have a Mityvac or similar tool that can produce a known variable pressure?

anthony pearce

Postby anthony pearce » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:30 pm

I was wanting to undertake static electrical checks, rather than a full pressure calibration.
Checks completed to date do not appear to measure the drop down resistance that RT say is fitted to their supplied units, and I cannot get nny measurement of the basic resistance of the pressure sensor.

anthony pearce

Postby anthony pearce » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Have not received a response from RT on this subject. in fact I am disappointed at the poor level of response from RT and concerned at the level of problems experience by customers, a lot of which seem tobe unresolved. Does not give confidence in reliability

Support

Postby Support » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:19 pm

Hello Anthony,

If you have a question, why not email me directly like you have done many times in past, every one of which I have responded to? I'm sorry if this has somehow fallen short of your expectations.

Temperature sensors have a potential divider resistor. The pressure sensors we supply do not. They provide a voltage output directly. The resistance of a pressure sensor has no relevance. The oil pressure sensor requires 5V excitation. It has a measurement range of 0-10 bar (gauge) and output of 0.5V-4.5V respectively.

Please feel free to email me directly if you require any further clarification.

Lorne Winborn
lorne@race-technology.com

peterguk

Postby peterguk » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:58 pm

Have not received a response from RT on this subject. in fact I am disappointed at the poor level of response from RT and concerned at the level of problems experience by customers, a lot of which seem tobe unresolved. Does not give confidence in reliability
In my experience RT's response to queries has always been excellent. So has their product reliability.

The information you wanted can be found on their product website, or a simple Google search would have provided you with the same generic info.

Return to “Sensor-related questions”