DL1 low level RPM stops tacho working/throttle pot

SimonY

DL1 low level RPM stops tacho working/throttle pot

Postby SimonY » Sat May 26, 2007 1:53 pm

My problems:

> taking a low level input from the ECU tacho feed stops the tacho working, DL1 doesn't seem to record anything either
> trying to take an analogue input from the throttle pot seems to cause the engine to over-rev by about 400 rpm on tickover, again DL1 doesn't seem to record anything (other than low-level noise)

The engine is a Rover K-series installed in a Caterham, I am confident I have the right wires and am using the right inputs on the DL1.

In response to these problems RT sent:

An rpm amp and a resistor (I think 130 ohms). The inputs/outputs of the amp seem to be relatively straightforward, but where should I be using the resistor, is this likely to be for the throttle pot?. I have contacted the guy that sent me the parts at RT but he hasn't replied.

Thanks

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Sun May 27, 2007 3:33 pm

Simon:

Typically we would apply the RPM inverter / isolator by itself, so I'd guess that the resistor is for the TPS - but you really ought to get that from whoever sent it to you or possibly go directly to Support in the UK.

Odd though that you got no reading from the TPS to start with, makes me wonder if you have the power or ground wire from the TPS, or possibly a malfunctioning DL1? Or possibly a dead TPS?
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “Sensor-related questions”