Time of Day on Dash2

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Time of Day on Dash2

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:12 pm

I love my new Dash2. However, it turns out I still need a time of day clock.

In BMW CCA our enduros run according to a time window. i.e. we have the track from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. We need to manage our pit-stops and need to know were we are in the race relative to the time of day.

Assuming we also run a DL1, I know the GPS time must be in the serial data stream. Any chance we can get that displayed on the dash?

Along that line, we also have a pit stop rule where the wheels must be stopped for 5 minutes. Any chance we can get a timer that starts automatically when the wheels stop and counts the duration of the stop on the dash? Having that on the dash would make life a lot easier for the driver too.

Usung the odometer line to display additional data would also be nice. I don't care about the missing decimal point. When you are racing you are not worried about decimals. Round numbers are fine.

Otherwise, great product!

Peter

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:16 am

Hi Peter,
I have got some new firmware for the DL1 and the DASH2 which does allow you to view date and time. The time which is displayed is always GMT. Can't help you out on the timer at the moment though.
We are looking at what can be done with the bottom line of the display, it does seem a bit of a waste.
Let me know if it is a MK1 or MK2 DL1 (Mk1 has the serial port on the front, MK2 is on the back) and I can get the firmware off to you.

Regards,
Martin

Peter Carroll/Toronto

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:06 am

That would be great. Actually, I have one of each (MK1 and MK2). Can I get both?

Since the configuration software knows about the time zone, would it not be possible to have GMT converted?

Thanks

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:52 am

I will email both files over to you. The config software does know about the offset from GMT, and it uses this to write the date and time on the files correctly. The routine to calculate this is quite long, but I will see about adding it in at some point.

Martin

Peter Carroll/Toronto

GMT went away...

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:51 am

Hi Martin, Last year you sent me some firmware for the Dash2/DL1 that enabled a GMT Time of Day clock.

I see the option in the Dash2 configuration but it no longer seems to work on the latest firmware. I just installed a new DL1-20Hz-Drift and a new Dash2 (9.1.6). Any chance this can work again in future releases?

Converting to the time zone would be even better. The DL1 knows the time zone.

Again the holy grail feature would be a pit stop timer. Where it starts counting min:sec when the wheels come to a halt!

The other holy grail feature would be calculated alarms. e.g. RPM>2000 and OilPressure<3 bar. I though it used to do this but maybe I'm thinking of the analysis software.

Thanks again for a great product.
Peter Carroll, Toronto, Canada
DL1 and Dash2 - http://DriversMeeting.com/pcarroll

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:13 am

The time of day should not have stopped working, that was not the intention at least. Could you send me your DL1 and DASH2 configuration files to gummi (at) race-technology.com and we will investigate.

Joseluis

Postby Joseluis » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi,
Is it already possible to display GMT + 1 hour on the dash2?
Thanks

#Rotor

Postby #Rotor » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:51 pm

I would also love to be able to have it display the corrected time for the zone I'm in....

#Rotor

Postby #Rotor » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm

any progress on this, Maybe??

Return to “New hardware feature requests”