DL1 Expansion Box?

IainM

DL1 Expansion Box?

Postby IainM » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:01 pm

Just an idea (if it's not been suggested/already in the works):

How about an expansion box for the DL1? Something that could (for example), take another set of analog and/or digital inputs, and send the data to the DL1 via the serial port?

Cheers,
Iain M
Cheers,
Iain M

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Iain,
Yes it has already been suggested, but the more often it gets asked for the quicker it happens.....

Martin

Turby

Postby Turby » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:26 pm

I thought about this as well, but would it work in conjunction with a ECU adapter as well ?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 am

Yes it would work with an ECU adapter. You can daisy chain the units together, they just repeat any information they receive on the serial port.

Martin

IainM

Postby IainM » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Reading between the lines, is this "in the pipeline", or do we have to ask a few more times (or send chocolate, money or whatever?!...)
Cheers,
Iain M

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:08 am

It is something which is definately going to be built, but it hasn't been started yet. I want to get most of the jobs we are already working on finished first....

Martin

racecar73

Expansion box

Postby racecar73 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:46 pm

In the meantime (i.e. until you have a commercial product ready to sell) can you provide the details of the communication protocol for the DL1 so that we can dabble into making our own expansion box? (I want to strain gauge lots of things in my car and am out of channels already...)

Thanks,
Matt Johnson

Support

Postby Support » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi Matt,
No problem at all, the full protocol is available here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... taMessages

If you want to experiment with it, I would suggest using the lite monitor to look at the output from your module.

To make your own module which is fully compatible with a DL1 when working with a DASH1/2/3 you will need to decode and pass through the DL1 control channel and the analogue channels from the DASH2. Without these you won't be able to use the DASH to control the logger.

If you get stuck or want a hand with anything, drop me an email mhill at race-technology.com and I'll help you out.

Regards,
Martin

timhoverd

Postby timhoverd » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:05 am

Support wrote: Yes it has already been suggested, but the more often it gets asked for the quicker it happens.....
Martin

OK. I'm asking as well then!

I desperately need more analogue channels into the DL1. As it is I'm just deciding which current channel to drop so as to log the output of a wideband lambda sensor.

Yeah, I know I could build my own but I just know I'll never get around to it. :D

Please?

Tim

racecar73

Postby racecar73 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:41 am

timhoverd wrote:
Support wrote: Yes it has already been suggested, but the more often it gets asked for the quicker it happens.....
Martin

OK. I'm asking as well then!

I desperately need more analogue channels into the DL1. As it is I'm just deciding which current channel to drop so as to log the output of a wideband lambda sensor.

Yeah, I know I could build my own but I just know I'll never get around to it. :D

Please?

Tim

A friend of mine just got something working that looks to be able to do this last week - he thinks that he is able to add 17 additional analog channels. If there is enough interest, I could see him selling them to others.

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Please keep us posted, I think there are many people who would be interested in an expansion box.

Thanks!
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

MattyRagan

Postby MattyRagan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:50 pm

jlucas wrote:Please keep us posted, I think there are many people who would be interested in an expansion box.

Agreed - ready to reach for my wallet when a product like this becomes available!

MR

hege

Postby hege » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:51 am

I'm interested too. Please keep us up to date.

Upgrading to a DL2 isn't an option for me, because even then I wouldn't have enough channels that need to be monitored.

cguenther

Postby cguenther » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:20 am

Support wrote:Hi Matt,
No problem at all, the full protocol is available here:

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... taMessages

... no, it is not.

"SerialDataFormat / DataMessages

The page "SerialDataFormat/DataMessages" doesn't exist. "

... where is it now?

best regards
carsten

hege