Greater setting range on Dash 2 speed senser calibration.

Dave E

Greater setting range on Dash 2 speed senser calibration.

Postby Dave E » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:33 pm

As it says really, I'm running the sensor in a standard location on the car, where, just as with the standard VDO unit, it reads the bolts on a Lobro joint.

Only slight catch is that the eight bolt heads mean the pulse figure really needs to be around the 5500 mark. The dash seems to only run up to 5000! Hence over reading on the dash by a tad more than the 3% fast legal requirement for SVA

Michael

Postby Michael » Thu May 10, 2007 9:19 pm

I have reported the problems with our Elises' standard ABS grooves that the menu of the Dash2 can't cope with to RT before and asked to expand the range.

In the meanwhile we have produced a small PCB with a divider for the speed sensors pulses and some other functions.

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:34 am

Dave E if your looking at 8 bolts on the lobro Joint

the Hall effect only works if its within 2-3mm so put a washer 3mm thick on two oposing Bolt heads and move your sensor futher away hey presto

two pulses per revolution. making the need to change the software no longer needed . it wont effect the balance as you changed two bolts oposing each other it can be done with 4 if you need to

hope this helps..

Dave

Dave E

Postby Dave E » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:21 am

Where's the smack your head emoticon; of course... Obvious when you think about it. Great bit of lateral thinking there David.

DavidRowley

Postby DavidRowley » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:46 pm

glad i could help Dave E but i know this isnt a fix for the ABS guys

P.s what ya building it has siera Rear end.

Going to stonly on sunday in Warwickshire Kitcar heaven..

Dave E

Postby Dave E » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:19 pm

Having to miss the show this year.

It's a Westfield running the Sierra LSD, been running with the Dash 2/DL1 package since having a weak moment at Autosport last year!

Return to “New hardware feature requests”