Dash 4 pro Invalid Config

cph

Dash 4 pro Invalid Config

Postby cph » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 am

Installing a Dash 4 pro to replace a Dash 2 .
Connected directly DL1 .
On initial start up it worked fine with the factory config , changed the config using the program then attempted to upload using Datacard through DL1.
the Dash 4 pro now only shows

Invalid Config ....
Waiting ....

Have powered on and off and tried to reload new config but to no avail .
Any help appreciated
Thanks in advance

evl

Postby evl » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Do you have any user defined functions / math channels? I've had this problem with more complex math channels...

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:15 pm

you are certain it's connected directly to the DL1 with no ECU adapter in the way?

can you confirm whether its a dl1mk2 or dl1mk3 please?

WBR, Support

rdmts

Postby rdmts » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Is there a solution for this? I'm having the same problem. I have a dl1mk3. I've had the hardware for 3yrs and haven't changed the dash4pro config in yrs. I wanted to make a few minor changes like shift lights. Now when I power on the unit it instantly says "Invalid config......waiting". I insert the card with the config file and after a 30-60secs it switched to "Invalid config..Pls restart device". I restart it and the same thing.

I have a race in a wk and this is my only dash. Need help right away. Thank you!

rdmts

Postby rdmts » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:37 pm

Well I figured it out.....but don't understand why. I've always kept my dash4pro connected to the DL1 with the ECU adapter. It's never been a problem. I disconnected the ECU adapter and connected the dash4pro directly to the DL1 and it worked.

Which leads me to my next question. I'd like to upgrade to the latest software so I can configure the dash4pro using a USB connected to the DL1. The problem is my dl1mk3 has never excepted .CMD files. I have always had to use .HEX. If you put a DASH.CMD file on the card, the dl1 never reads it. I've seen the latest software for the dl1mk3 and it seems to only create .CMD files. Is there a way to use the latest dash4pro software if my dl1mk3 doesn't read .CMD files? Also, why would my dl1mk3 not read .CMD files? Thank you.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi there,

It sounds like your DL1 is running very old firmware. Certainly if it hasn't been updated in the 3 years of ownership it will need to be updated.

The reflash file itself is actually a .RMG file and the unit should take this file without any problems, the .CMG files are used for configuration.

The latest firmware for the DL1 Mk3 can be found by following the link below;

http://www.race-technology.com/upload/F ... 4_5_24.zip

Please reformat the units memory card to FAT32 and ensure no other files are on the memory card. Copy and paste the RMG file onto the card and insert it into the DL1. When the unit is powered on the reflashing process will begin, this is shown by a light sequence on the front of the unit, once complete the logger will reset and return to a working state.

Kind Regards,

RT Support (SK)

rdmts

Postby rdmts » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:17 pm

I believe I updated the DL1 firmware in Aug 2012. It has version 4.0. I will upload the latest and try a .cmg config file. Will report back. Thank you.

prb

Postby prb » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 am

Have run into the same problem and it looks like I need to remove the OBDII connector.
My query is, what file format should the configuration file be? I am running the Dash4 from a Video4.
Edit: just tried a direct connection DASH:Video4 with a .CMG file in the root of the CF with the same result. It looks like I need some kind of hard reset to the Dash4.

Return to “General software support”