Dash2Pro & Serial Data

ScienceofSpeed

Dash2Pro & Serial Data

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 am

It is unclear to me how in the Dash2Pro configuration software how serial data channels from the ECU serial interface are mapped to variables to display on the Dash2Pro.

I see under "Variable Sources", Analog 5 and up can be configured to a specific serial source. However, I do not understand how to assign Analog 5 (for example) to a specific serial data channel (ie. throttle position).

I don't see this documented in the Dash2Pro manual. Can you provide documentation or instructions on how to configure this?

thanks,
-- Chris

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:14 am

If you are using one of our standard ECU interfaces then the interface will send the different channels on specific default channels. If you look in the knowledge base hardware section and find your ECU you should see a list of which channels are available and which they map to. You can then set up the display on the DASH2 PRO to view the data from these channels. They generally have sensible default names, so throttle position will be mapped to throttle position percent, coolant temperature to water temperature, etc.

Martin

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks Martin, I did not know this existed. Here's the link for future reference:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ype/AEMECU

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:26 am

This is a follow up on this question.

I am using analog inputs 21-28 as shown here:
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ype/AEMECU

In Lite Monitor, the voltage readings from these analogs are displayed appropriately. However, the drop down list in the Dash2 Configuration tool does not have a "analog 21, 22, 23, etc". How are these mapped?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:47 am

You mention that you are using the DASH2PRO unit, if you look in the drop down list for the 'Set up LCD data areas' section you will see the analogue channels in the list not far from the top.

Martin

ScienceofSpeed

Postby ScienceofSpeed » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 pm

hi Martin -- I am sorry, I should have been more specific. This is regarding another vehicle using Dash2 and the same AEM Serial adapter. The analog 21-28 is being read through Lite Monitor, however the drop down in the Dash2 Configuration tool does not have the same analog list.

Support

Postby Support » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:01 am

You are correct, the DASH2 can only view analogue data from channels 1-16. As these are commonly used on the DL1 and DL2 we decided to put the analogue data from the ECU on the higher channels. Email me directly, mhill at race-technology dot com and I will sort out a version of the firmware which outputs these on analogue 1-8 for you instead.

Martin

Return to “General software support”