Dash 2 sensors set up

Matty.H

Dash 2 sensors set up

Postby Matty.H » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Afternoon all

So I've been trying myself to configure my dash 2 but I'm struggling with the temperature sensor, as I can't get the dash to read it correctly. I have tried calling up a standard sensor, a Bosch from the drop down menu but it doesn't work. I've also tried creating an equation, taking the readings direct from the DTA ECU, and adding these values into the table. In both situations above I end up with a staggnet reading.

Car is running a Ford Zetec with standard sensor taken from the thermostat housing.

Haven't tried the fuel gauge yet but I assume that I may come across the same issues, so was keen to rectify one before moving into the next.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

peterguk

Re: Dash 2 sensors set up

Postby peterguk » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Have you got the temperature/resistance curve for the sensor?

If not, stick it in ice and boiling water and measure resistance. Do same in a saucepan for 2 or 3 more temperatures, say at 20 40 and 60 degrees.

Then input the data in the sensor configuration. Job done.

Matty.H

Postby Matty.H » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi
Thanks for your response. Yes took this data from the ECU, which ranged from 200 to -25

The above was then info I've added into the dash, but still can't get it to read the temperature

Support

Postby Support » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:09 am

Hello,

You have a few options in this situation.

1) Use one of our ECU interfaces / CAN adaptors to obtain the data from the ECU & display it on the dash. However check if your model of DTA ECU is on our list of compatible aftermarket ECUs first - http://www.race-technology.com/gb/racin ... interfaces.

2) Fit a pull-up resistor to the sensor to provide the dash with a varying voltage. You'll then be able to calibrate the dash for the sensor using the dashes configuration tool. For more information on this you can email me at: daniel (at) race - technology (dot) com.

3) Purchase & connect one of our sensors to your dash. Then use the drop down box in the dashes configuration tool to select the sensor you've purchased i.e. water / coolant temperature sensor. Doing this automatically applies the calibration for or sensor.

Support(D)

Matty.H

Postby Matty.H » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Daniel
Sorry I've just seen this. Thanks for your response, I'll email you this afternoon regarding the pull-up resistor option

Return to “General software support”