Help i have lost my temps etc?

kieren119

Help i have lost my temps etc?

Postby kieren119 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Hi I have just bought a car with the dash2 in and fould to have been over charging then not charging at all! Since then the water temp and oil temp etc has gone from the display, how do i reset it?

also have not got any info on the dash so its all new to me, can any one help?

Thanks Kieren

kieren119

Postby kieren119 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:33 am

Can anyone help?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:19 am

Hi there,

From the information you have provided there are a couple of things which could have caused such an issue, these are dependent on what is installed within the system.

If you have reconfigured the unit using the configuration software package available to download on our website, it may be that you have overwritten the configuration created by the original owner, in which case you will need to reconfigure it to show these variables again. To do this you will need to work out what sensors are connected to what input and slowly rebuild the configuration to it's original state.

Another reason for the sudden loss of data would be if the dash is using one of our in house ECU interfaces which convert the data output of the aftermarket ECU installed into RT data which can be read and understood by the dash. If the interface has become faulty or the ECU has stopped outputting data you will lose data on screen.

Information on the DASH2 can be found by following the link below to our knowledge base, this has a lot of useful information which may help with some of your questions.

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... ware/DASH2

Kind Regards,

RT Support (SK)

kieren119

Postby kieren119 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:22 pm

thank you for the reply and sorry for the vague info, I will start again with the dash as soon as its in the new car, so may be in touch with you with that, can you tell me how you connect a go pro or video camera?
thanks kieren

Support

Postby Support » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Kieran,

No problem at all. If it is easier please email me on sam@race-technology.com should you require any further assistance.

GoPRO connection can only be established on a select few of our products. If you are using your DASH2 with a DL1 SPORT or higher you can purchase one of our GoPRO sync cables. This can also be achieved if you have the PRO model of DASH2 and have the GPS and logging option enabled.

3rd party video is also supported with our 3rd party video sync cable.

Please note that only a select number of GoPRO models are supported by our sync cable so please check before purchasing.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

Return to “General software support”