Dash4 config - shift lights not configuring properly

Moderators: jlucas, RTUSA, kieran

924RACR

Dash4 config - shift lights not configuring properly

Postby 924RACR » Tue May 09, 2017 1:33 pm

Just an FYI for any others who are running into it - had some substantial issues trying to get shift lights working this past weekend on my new Dash4, have opened a ticket with Support. Am running the latest and greatest firmware and config SW, with a recently purchased dash (hardware).

Initially I had no shift lights, when trying to use the "Standard" shift light option.

By using the "Advanced" selection, but configured the same as Standard shift lights, I had lights both sides. But the RPM signal was rate-limited (default value of 3000) too much for my engine (1.0L bike motor), so I cranked up the rate limit to 20000 so that data in analysis shows a true signal.

On re-flashing this new config (no changes to shift light settings) into the Dash4, I lost the RH side lights (still set just to copy/match LH side), though the LH side lights worked as intended.

I may try lowering the rate limit for my next attempt to try to get both sides working again...

924RACR

Re: Dash4 config - shift lights not configuring properly

Postby 924RACR » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Update on this - ran again this past weekend, this time configuring the RH lights separately, not using the "copy LH settings" button but configuring them independently to the same settings, and both sides worked fine as intended.

So that works as a workaround; just don't use the "copy LH settings" button.

924RACR

Still broken...

Postby 924RACR » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Further update on this, was cleaning up some erroneous alarms that were showing up in my dash... and lost my shift lights on one side again. This despite using my declared workaround above, not copying shift lights.

Thankfully, I have now learned to ALWAYS check that shift lights are working properly before heading out on track!!

Toggling the settings a couple of times in the Config SW, then reflashing, seems to have it working properly... but this bug definitely remains... :(

Return to “Bug reports”