Corrupt data file from DL1

gregdixon

Corrupt data file from DL1

Postby gregdixon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:08 am

I recorded two runs on Monday with my DL1 and only one of the run files works.
The other does not open and has a dialogue box containg "For some reason the file cannot be read, possibly because it is locked by another application" .
When I try and copy the file to my pc a dialogue box says " the file or directory is corruptedand unreadable".

Is there a reason why the second recording is corrupt and the first not? and is there a way to make the file readable?

My firmware is not the latest as I need recomendation from RT to upgrade.

Regards
Greg

griceiv

Postby griceiv » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:04 am

run check disk on your CF card. Should fix it.

Bikey

Postby Bikey » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 am

I ran check disk and now I only have the first lap. Anyone had this happen? Is there a way to recover the rest of the session?

Thanks.

joebar

Postby joebar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:24 pm

I have a similar issue.
I recorder 4 runs. After I completed the 2 first runs, I looked at them in the analysis software and left them on the card. By then I added a .lap file to load the sectors into the logger. I then recorded 2 additional runs. Back home I wanted to analyse them. The run names looked funny and I couldn't load them. I got the same error message as in the opening post. I then run check disk. Now I only have one visible file of only a 32 kb. There's more on the card though as thru properties I founf more than 40mb.
Please help recover the runs. I lost very useful data of the 2 fastest runs! :evil:

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Is the DL1 running that latest firmware? we have improved the odds of files getting currupted when power is stopped before recording has ended. If you set the datalogger to auto start and stop then i would be very surprised if you still had this problem. If you do i would try a new memory card.

BR,
K

joebar

Postby joebar » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 pm

I did not set up the auto start/stop...I guess the logger was once stopped when I switched off the bike power, didn't knowing this could have such a terrible impact.
I will set up the auto start/stop for next time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Bikey

Postby Bikey » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:15 am

Power is always on in my setup (even if I shut off the car).

I manually start and stop logging - is the auto start/stop more reliable?

Thanks.

monirh69

Re: Corrupt data file from DL1

Postby monirh69 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:02 am

:x I lost most important record.... :'(
Monirh
myweb

Return to “Bug reports”