Swap file duplication

alexj

Swap file duplication

Postby alexj » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi

I noticed that the swap file is being duplicated in Windows 7 thanks to UAC no doubt.

C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Race Technology V8.5\SwapFile\RT_swap_file3.bin

C:\ProgramData\Race Technology V8.5\SwapFile\RT_swap_file3.bin

As a developer myself, I empathize with the frustrations of getting aps designed for XP to behave nicely in the new world order but these files are too big to duplicate unnecessarily.

Cheers

Alex

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:03 pm

Hello,

I don't think it's possible, I suspect that one of the swap files is from an old installation... also you can specify where the swap file goes at installation time - you might like to locate it in another location compatible with your windows security settings"

Kind regards,
Support (K)

alexj

Postby alexj » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Nah, its a fresh install, standard settings for Analysis 8.5 (latest installer), standard windows 7 uac settings.

I have built installers for legacy software and you just need to put your swap file by default were Microsoft want you to. Whats happening is its an older application in unmanaged code, its missing the manifest and its trying to write the swap file to a location that is verbotten and is getting redirected to the virtual store (aka folder redirection).

Its not a big deal, but you probably need to get the installer right for what is now the most common version of the OS.

Return to “Bug reports”