trdee

Spurious/Corrupt ECU Serial Data to DL1/Dash2

Postby trdee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Hi, firstly let me list my setup:

Adaptronic 440 select ECU
Race technology ecu serial interface
Race technology DL1 MK2
Race technology Dash 2

With the above setup, I am getting spurious sensor data coming up on the Dash2 and in the DL1 log files. When I say spurious, I see battery voltage spike to random numbers (thousands of volts) as well as thing like water and air temp (even though I don't have an air temp sensor connected).

I have confirmed that it is not an issue with the ecu itself. logging data directly from the ecu does not show any of this spurious data, only on the race technology equipment.

Due to the above, I am guessing that the problem most likely lies with the ecu serial interface? I'm hoping someone here has seen the problem before and can point me in the right direction.... I can send a log file if required.

Thanks!

Support

Postby Support » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:34 am

Check the output data rates on the DL1 MK2 and turn off channels you aren't displaying on the DASH2, turn down the rates on channels you are using to 10Hz. If the logged data on the DL1 is showing up correctly I suspect it is a data overload or poor connection on the serial link between the DL1 and the DASH2.

Martin

trdee

Postby trdee » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Martin,

Thanks, will do as suggested and report back

trdee

Postby trdee » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:33 pm

Ok so I have disabled pretty much every channel except serial and GPS stuff... fault is still there. Grabbed a video of some of the behaviour. In this clip you dont see any of the sensor values go crazy but you do see the rpm fluctuate all over the place.

go to 0:39sec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gs2ox7 ... nGHwEfTbog

I have a datalog from an earlier run saved and can email it through if required?

Return to “Bug reports”