Dash4 config - inconsistent custom equations for analogs, not loading properly - Log-based equation

924RACR

Dash4 config - inconsistent custom equations for analogs, not loading properly - Log-based equation

Postby 924RACR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Just a warning to other users, those running the Dash4 configs with custom-defined sensors... I'm having an issue with mine where the custom equations are not saving properly when saving and re-loading a config file (.cmg) using the current latest-and-greatest config SW.

The equation is functional when I save it:
32 + (9 / 5) * (40 - 84 * Log(0.65 * x ))
(for a VDO temp sensor with a 1kOhm resistor)

When I load it back up into the config SW, it loads as:
32 + ((9 / 5) * (40 - (84 * (Log10(0.65 * x)))))

This doesn't work, in fact it generates an error message. So I have to re-edit it every time I load this dash config up and try to flash the dash.

Revert the "Log10" to "Log" and the equation works fine.

But EVERY time I load the dash config in a new session, the problem returns.

Have sent an email to Al Seim with the config file, with a request to forward it along to the UK.

I have also seen intermittent issues with "load last configuration" where it appears to switch from the custom sensor definition to a standard existing sensor... but can't quite isolate that, and exactly what causes that.

Support (D)

Re: Dash4 config - inconsistent custom equations for analogs, not loading properly - Log-based equation

Postby Support (D) » Thu May 04, 2017 7:18 am

Good morning,

I have rested the issue you wrote about in your post. There does seem to be something wrong. When I try, the equation disappears completely and leaves me with V (voltage) OR a Y = X equation.

I am based in the UK office and so will pass this information onto the owner / developer of the product. Thank you for pointing this issue out to us, in a factual & clear manner.

If you are struggling to get around this issue, a possible fix would be to make the custom equation, in the DL1 data logger software or other unit software you have the dash connected to. For obvious reasons, this will only be possible if you have the dash connected to a unit, that is able to process custom equations i.e. DL1 MK3 or higher.

Best regards,
Support(D)

924RACR

Re: Dash4 config - inconsistent custom equations for analogs, not loading properly - Log-based equation

Postby 924RACR » Mon May 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Cool, thanks! My workaround was adequate (but painful) this weekend, and I had good temp readouts all weekend.

Shift lights, now that's another one... gotta verify and possibly update firmware, but will open another thread for that...

Return to “Bug reports”