No Analog8 channels after Dash4 reflash

924RACR

No Analog8 channels after Dash4 reflash

Postby 924RACR » Fri May 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Found an interesting bug with the latest setup (just downloaded latest RT SW just to be sure it wasn’t already fixed).

System configuration, I’m running a Mk2 DL1 with Analog8 and Dash4Pro.

Reflashed a new Dash4 config to the system, and reconnected the Analog8 in series between dash and DL1 as per the usual.

All my channels on the Analog8 were not loading/showing any data. I’ve had this problem before with a loose connector between the Dash4 and the Analog8… but no data saved in the logged file as well, so seems that the DL1 isn’t seeing data on those channels as well.

BUT – there’s a very interesting workaround which no doubt hints at the source of the issue.

If I try to start logging via the dash (Set button), the request fails… but then the Analog8 channels come alive! Furthermore, a second attempt to log data using the dash button succeeds.

Seems like there’s a little hiccup in the coms through all those units…

Should I need to reflash a config to the Analog8, has this perhaps been addressed already?

Have emailed sample data files to Al...

924RACR

Re: No Analog8 channels after Dash4 reflash

Postby 924RACR » Wed May 15, 2019 12:20 pm

Some thought it might be old firmware on the Analog8 - quite possible, haven't reflashed it since I bought it.

Trying to reflash its config, but having a little trouble, can't seem to get comms with the hardware... still working on that... the notes on the Knowledge Base are a bit thin on how to connect up to it... need to spend more time playing with it.

924RACR

Re: No Analog8 channels after Dash4 reflash

Postby 924RACR » Thu May 16, 2019 10:16 pm

Yup, Firmware update of the Analog8 fixed it!

Return to “Bug reports”