Dash3 Display Issue - probably due to internal rounding

64r

Dash3 Display Issue - probably due to internal rounding

Postby 64r » Thu May 02, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi,

I am using the Dash3 connected to a custom logger. I use the analog channels to send data to the dash. I have found that the values on the dash change depending on whether a decimal place is shown or not.

For example, I send the value 72 to the dash. If the dash is set to display the param with 1 or more decimal places the value correctly shows as 72.0, If I set the display to show 0 decimal places the value shows as 71.

This is unacceptable, why would the value on the dash be incorrect? There is a critical bug in the Dash3 software, you may not think it important but if you are trying to send a lap number (or any int number) you need that number to show correctly.

Support

Postby Support » Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 am

Morning,

Yes you are correct, when you set to zero DP's the DASH3 truncates, not rounds as it should. We are working on a DASH3 firmware update and this will be included in the update.

Thanks!

Support - Andy

64r

Postby 64r » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:14 am

Support wrote:Morning,

Yes you are correct, when you set to zero DP's the DASH3 truncates, not rounds as it should. We are working on a DASH3 firmware update and this will be included in the update.

Thanks!

Support - Andy

Using the latest firmware this issue is still not resolved. It's been a while, do you have any eta as this is a pretty major bug that most users do not realise they have.

Return to “Bug reports”