Configuring Dash3 from DL1 corrupting Dash2

oddlimbs

Configuring Dash3 from DL1 corrupting Dash2

Postby oddlimbs » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:20 pm

I have, for some time, been using Dash2, Dash3 & DL1 (mk2) together, using a "Y" serial lead. I recently had an issue where the Dash2 became corrupted whilst sending a .hex file from the DL1, to the Dash3, presumably because Dash2 firmware files are also .hex files.
I overcame the issue by simply reflashing Dash2 with the latest firmware.

I have recently purchased a Dash2 Pro, as I want control outputs and advanced alarms, I intend to continue to use DL1 & Dash3 alongside my new purchase. Am I correct to assume that I will not get a repeat of the above problem as the D2P does not use .hex files? Also, will the D2P forward a .hex file, received from the DL1 on serial1, to Dash3 connected to serial2?

Thanks!

oddlimbs

Postby oddlimbs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:36 pm

Anyone? I will be connecting everything up soon and don't really want to be corrupting my new D2P!!

justpete

Postby justpete » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Had a similar problem corrupting a DASH3 when updating with a .hex file on the card loaded into a DL1Mk3. But the problem was due to the OBDII serial cable's splitter. The manual for the DASH3 says it must be hooked up directly to the DL1 for the .hex file to work correctly and it did when I did so. Couldn't tell you why but it definitely wouldn't work without a direct connection. Probably the same issue with the DASH2 I'm guessing.

Return to “General support questions”