Error 52

MAC Racing

Error 52

Postby MAC Racing » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:01 pm

I went to the track this weekend and tried to log the track time. When I tried to download the data from the flash card it gave me an error. It was 52 (I believe) and asked if I could access the info from windows directly. When I tried to access the info in the card reader from windows it gave me an error of bad file path/ name. I reformatted the card from the DL1 program and tried again. Same problem. I tried different options of when I inserted the card and removed it from the DL1 and all gave the same results. On occasion the data would transfer but it was only a portion of the run, 60 seconds or so. Also if I restarted the comptuter with the card in the E drive the computer would recognise the bad paths and "fix" them. Twice it left me with a few laps of data but not the entire session. Also when I looked at the DL1 durring the session the log light was on the entire time even though I didnt get that data.
Any thoughts?
Mat

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi -

I assume that you can read and write the CF card OK from Windows - indicating that the card itself is OK?

And that you have successfully used this card in this DL1 previously?

When you do look at the data in Analysis, what firmware revision is reported in Data > Run Manager?

Thanks,
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

MAC Racing

Postby MAC Racing » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:25 am

I have used this card in the DL1 with no problems. Only for tests three times on short runs near the house. This was the first time with the DL1 in the race car at the track. I can access the card from windows to start but the logged data file is not accessable from windows or the analysis program after I removed it from the logger. In windows and in the analysis program I can see the file on the CF but it gives an error when I try to access it.

The firmware version is 4.2

Thanks
Mat

David Ferguson

Postby David Ferguson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:32 am

Do you stop logging and wait a few seconds before removing the card?

Was the card freshly formatted (using FAT16) before you started logging.

Erik

Postby Erik » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:56 am

Mat,

Try to run checkdisk on the CF card
If you get a lot of small files (CHK00x) the writing to the CF card was interrupted. Check your earth on the DL1.
I have had the same. Switching off the unit with bad earth was a problem to.

Erik

MAC Racing

Postby MAC Racing » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:42 pm

David, I waited a few min before removing the card. I stopped logging when I left the track and didnt remove the card untill stopped in the paddock. I tried removing the card after the power was off to the unit and before the power was off, no change in the results. I had also reformatted the card each time I went out. I formatted using the card format function in the analysis program. I assumed it would use the appropriate format but didnt checked beyond that. When I right click and check properties it states it is FAT format. No numbers after

Erik,
I have reformatted the card already so there is no data to check now. I did check the ground at the track. The ground is to a ground lug under the dash connected to the negative on the battery.

Thanks
Mat

Rupert

Postby Rupert » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:38 pm

I experienced exactly the same problems when I first used the DL1. I noticed that the size of the run files were impossibly large (4GB on a 256K card!)

After configuring the DL1, I was able to log and access the run files on the CF card.

To do this you have to save the setup.bin file created by the configuration software on a freshly formatted CF card and then power up the DL1 with the card in it.

HTH,
Rupert

stephen hooker

I had same problem

Postby stephen hooker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:38 am

I had one file do this to me on the weekend. Fortunately it was not a hot lap. I redid the setup.bin file to be sure there was no hiccups before I went out for the next race, and the next 6 files were fine.
Question: Is there a way to recover at least some of the data on the corrupted file?
Stephen Hooker
Sydney, Australia

twiste

Stephen Hooker

Postby twiste » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:26 pm

Stephen,
Well done on a new track record!
Don't know the answer to your question!
Martin whats the story?

Return to “General support questions”