GPS/Speedometer Issue

MotorinFool

GPS/Speedometer Issue

Postby MotorinFool » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Hello,
I just bought a new car and it has the DL1 and Dash 2 display. The previous owner had the speedometer working off of the GPS then it quit working. He suspected the GPS antenna. When I got the car, I would turn the system on and the GPS light would not come on. I replaced the GPS antenna with a new one and now the GPS light just flashes constantly when on. Not like what the manual says where it will do a slow flash then a fast blink for every satellite locked on. Also, the speedometer continues to not display speed. Has anyone had this issue before? Am I doing something wrong?

Support

Postby Support » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi There,

Could you post up what model of DL1 you have?

The Speed on the DASH2 needs to be set to take the Speed data from RS232. This can be done in the menus of the dash itself when a set of buttons is connected to the unit.

To do this Press the menu button and using the up and down buttons scroll through the menus until you find SPEED RPM GEAR. Press select. Press select again until you find DASH2 SPEED, ensure this is set to no and press select. you should then see RS232 SPEED, ensure this is set to yes and press select to confirm the setting. This will ensure the dash is properly configured for GPS speed.

Please get back to me with the model of DL1 and I shall do my best to help further.

Kind Regards,
RT Support (SK)

MotorinFool

Postby MotorinFool » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 pm

The DL1 is an MK2 model. However, changing the RS232 to yes fixed the problem. Thank you for your help!

Return to “General support questions”