dash2pro - NEW logging problem

blentz2

dash2pro - NEW logging problem

Postby blentz2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:27 am

Ran my first race today with the dash2 pro connected to my ECU via the adaptor.

Dash display worked perfectly.

Auto start set to 65kph and auto stop disabled.

8 laps into the race with 7.6MB of data recorded it suddenly stopped logging and through up the summary stats for the session. Since I was still racing, I hit the menu button and it quickly went back to normal and then started logging again since I was still on track.

When I came in, there were two files on the dash, each about the right size proportionally to the laps run. But the first (the one that stopped on its own) had only lap timing information when I opened it in analysis. No data on any channels including internal channels like speed. it had segments and lap times only. the second file was normal.

What is going on here?

Need a fix asap as it is nearly useless if it can't log.

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:30 pm

additional information:

the first session that stopped prematurely says the following in run manager:
logging started automatically. Logging stopped by source 244. Logger serial number: 40349. Data logged on 4/18/2015 7:14:06 PM. Run contains 1703601 individual data samples, and 19 data formatting errors.

the second session says it was stopped by button press.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:07 pm

Hello,

Please can you send me the 2 run files for me to investigate?

kieran at race - technology . com

Please can you copy the link in for this post.

Kind regards,
Support

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:09 pm

sent

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:01 am

Hello,

Logging stopped by source 244 isn't a assigned number for stopping logging. This will be caused by the unit stopping abruptly.

Good news is all you data is there. The reason one file shows no data is because the data is graphed against distance and one file had a single random sample of distance recorded. The DASH2pro doesn't store distance data and this is an error. Occasionally you do get errors especially when serial ports are running high data rates but for the checksum to be correct it has 255/1 odds. It is really bad luck for it to happen to be a distance message as this causes the analysis to not calculate the distance and uses the recorded distance.

To correct this you just need to select one option. This option can be found under Data> Analysis options.

The reason it stopped logging isn't clear but looking at the data i am concerned it maybe battery voltage related. The DASH will stop logging if the battery voltage drop below 10v. Your data is showing very unstable battery voltage and even though it isn't going below 10v i suspect it might be this data is coming from an ECU and the voltage is being measured after some protection on the ECU which will be different to what the DASH is seeing.

I recommend you connect the DASH supply voltage to one of the analogue inputs to monitor it closely. Further to this can you send me you configuration file for me to check it over. Also which ECU is it connected to?

Kind regards,
Support (K)

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:51 am

voltage fluctuation is not a new issue and has been confirmed to match battery voltage in other tests. It never drops below 12V.

I emailed the config file.

ECU is autronic sm4 1.09

I was running firmware 3.03.05 (now updated). This is what the dash came with last october.

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Cani get some feedback please? I send the file last week. I have another race this weekend and need this problem fixed.

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 pm

Is anyone paying attention? I have sent email and posted here.

blentz2

Postby blentz2 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:02 am

anyone? hello....

Support

Support

Postby Support » Fri May 01, 2015 8:28 am

Hello,

Sorry for the slow response.

The DASH randomly stopping logging isn't something that has been reported before.

Now it is running new firmware which has been heavily tested it may be the case that the issue if related to software has been fixed.

Please can you test logging long periods of data in attempt to replicate the problem.

Kind regards,
Support

Return to “Installation questions”