GoPro Standalone Software Support

Stan

Re: GoPro Standalone Software Support

Postby Stan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:10 am

It'd be nice if the GoPro MTP was revised. Then you'd just plug in a USB-C cord. But you cannot get LRV files that way, hence the MTP comment. Older for-the-track PCs don't care for long 4K files. Various steps along the way that would be nice to skip.

I can get Analysis to access all GoPro media files (including LRVs!) via Wifi pretty easily. But the connect / reconnect part has a procedure to repeat each time, and some delays while the devices ponder. If I'm to log some autocrossers and myself...one minute runs...about 10 mins until the next run....that's a lotta wifi reconnecting.

Certainly there is great potential for smoother function of the basic process.

Stan

Postby Stan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Something easy to sort out. Started getting these error messages with the 132 download. So at the moment completely down as no runs can be loaded. Thanks for the help, emailed too. Win10 fully updated, .NET manually updated just in case. In the past, the two popup error workaround was to open a different file, then go back to the first one.
rt-LOAD-issue.PNG
rt-LOAD-issue.PNG (25.74 KiB) Viewed 56584 times
RT loading error.PNG
RT loading error.PNG (51.8 KiB) Viewed 56584 times

Stan

Postby Stan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:04 am

Yellow marking notes the RT_video_analysis.exe process which opens briefly and then terminates when I try to open a GoPro clip.
RT_Video.PNG
RT_Video.PNG (48.4 KiB) Viewed 56581 times

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:24 am

Hi Stan

Thanks for getting in touch. I understand that you are speaking with Andy directly on email and he is helping you resolve this issue.

Best regards,
Support (AH)

Stan

Postby Stan » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:14 pm

Yes, we're going to take a look via TeamViewer tomorrow. Now that the issue is less intermittent, it should be easier to solve - so this is good news in the long run. I lean toward some sort of local or windows issue since the application works well for so many others. RT has been very responsive!

Stan

Postby Stan » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:29 pm

RT comes through again with a solution to the file loading issue I experienced.

Thanks for your hard work and responsiveness RT Team!

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:08 am

Hi Stan

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved! :)

Race-Tech SA

Postby Race-Tech SA » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:03 pm

Silly me forgot to post this video here.
Another race day at Zwartkops a couple or 3 weeks ago, here are a few laps from heat 2 using the new overlay from the guys at RT.
Does show that in a car with so little power that been a few metres to early on the brakes costs 0.4s.

https://youtu.be/jmSHer5YrsQ
Stuart Mack
Race-Technology South Africa
stuart@race-technology.co.za
www.race-technology.co.za

TudorMS

Postby TudorMS » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:54 am

I would like to ask if someone can share a short go-pro video. I would like to try to familiarize with software before I get to the track.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Ted

aschoots

Postby aschoots » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:23 pm

I would like to ask if someone can share a short go-pro video. I would like to try to familiarize with software before I get to the track.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Ted
Same question here... Would like to test the GoPro only analysis options / capabilities before buying the software and a GoPro.
Can someone share a short video to play with? Lots of them on Youtube - but these don't carry the GPS data anymore.

Much appreciated
Alex

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:03 am

I just uploaded one here : http://www.driver-coaching.com/files/GOPR1125.rar

It's the LRV (Low Resolution Version) from a GoPro HERO7 Black, is around 140Mb
It's some laps from Silverstone GP in an MX5/Miata

If anyone wanted a Full .MP4 file I have an 11min one at 1.6Gb, 1920x1080, 29.97 fps 20Mb/s bitrate

M.

23tuner

Postby 23tuner » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:29 pm

HI,

I have a Dash2Pro with a Link Stand alone ecu that i Have paired in my Rally Car.
I have only the basic options unlocked at this time, but have been looking into all the options that are available from R-T and frankly its a bit over whelming :lol:

I guess where my concerns are with using the R-T/GoPro system is...
-Will it work in a Stage rally environment? Most of what I am seeing and reading from the website has been this feature only works by using the tracks that are preprogramed into the R-T software to use the data collected for the GoPro and Dash2Pro to create a GPS overlay? or a Data overlay onto a video, for example speed, rpm, and G circle on a edited video?
-also reading in the other post on the GoPro topic here I am seeing there is an issue with GPS resolution with the camera inside the car? is this accurate?
-do you need the advanced option bundle to be unlocked on my dash for the GoPro features to work?
-lastly at this time, is there an easy way to compare the basic GoPro package over the advanced Package?

Thanks
Lars

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Mon May 04, 2020 9:28 am

Hello Lars

The DASH2 PRO can log data from a rally stage as well as from a circuit.

The GoPro standalone software uses GPS from a GoPro camera only, it will not use any data from the DASH2 PRO.

If you wanted to use data from your DASH2 PRO (including logged data from the Link ECU) with video from a GoPro camera, you would need the GoPro licence for Race Technology data loggers - the Advanced Options package is not required for this, but you will need to have GPS and data logging activated on the dash.

RT Support (AH)

lotus7

Postby lotus7 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:51 am

How do I register my Gopro Software on a new Laptop?
I have tried numerous times on your online registration , Step 1 - email address , Get registration code - Received no codes tp enter
I have sent an email to Adele , still waiting for a response

Thanks - JAC

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Hello

I believe you have now been assisted via email and this has now been resolved.
Please do not hesitate to contact our support team directly on support@race-technology.com if you have any further queries.

Return to “GoPro standalone software”