Run details show "Logging stopped for reasons unknown&q

aschoots

Run details show "Logging stopped for reasons unknown&q

Postby aschoots » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:01 pm

Dear RT,

I have recently started using a DL1 + Dash3. Currently running it from the supplied 230V mains adapter, busy setting up. After programming the 'S' button on the Dash 3 to start & stop logging, and using it to check the operation, I had a look at the .RUN file in the RT analysis sw.

In the Run Details it states "... Logging stopped for reasons unknown, possibly loss of power. Logging stopped by source 54. "

I've also started and stopped logging using the button on the DL1. The Run Details then change to "... Logging stopped for reasons unknown, possibly loss of power. Logging stopped by source 17. "

I am puzzled. And worried a bit too. I would not like to find out after a training sessions or race that no data has been recorded, so:

Does anyone know why the logger does not recognize the 'stop' command from the Dash3 or the DL1 ?

with regards,
Alex Schoots

Support

Postby Support » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Could you email us a zipped file with a few sample runs where this occurs?
gummi (at) race-technology.com

Sunbernt

I am getting the same message

Postby Sunbernt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:13 am

, using firmware version 28-6. Data logged on 15/03/2010 @ 21:07. Logging started by button press. Logging stopped for reasons unknown, possibly loss of power. Logging stopped by source 17.Logger serial number: 4206. Run Contains 53364 individual data samples, and 80 data formatting errors.

I started and stopped the logging with the button on dl1. Do you know more about this?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:47 am

I've already made Martin aware of this issue. Nothing to be concerned about as it won't impact the operation or your usage in analysis. They'll get it sorted in a future firmware.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Sunbernt

Great news:-)

Postby Sunbernt » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Can you or anybody shed some light on why it says :" ...80 data formating errors". Should I care?

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 am

Sorry I can't answer that one, only RT can.
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Support

Postby Support » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

Sorry - I completely missed this one. Please download the latest softwae from the web site - I think this will remove these errors. If it doesn't then please email me the run file and I'll check in more detail (andrew@race-t******g.com). A few errors don't cause any problems, but typically there should only be a 1 or 2 at the end of a file.

Thanks,

Andy

Return to “General support questions”