Vipec

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

We use the ‘A’ data stream as detailed here:

http://www.vi-pec.com/techdata/ViPEC_Da ... cquire.pdf

It doesn’t include wide band lambda or individual cylinder fueling information which is why we don’t have it.

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:46 pm

So back to my original question

What do I need if anything to get my DL1 and das2 to work on vipec ie software leads

I already have a serial lead from above to Autronic on my existing install

Cheers Adam :D

WillM

Postby WillM » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 pm

I believe you need:

1. R-T Serial ECU interface, re-flashed to function with Vi-PEC
2. Vi-PEC Serial cable or flying lead cable

A friend just got his Vi-PEC speaking to his DL-1 last night. He tells me that the Vi-PEC serial cable pin-out does not match the R-T serial pinout, so he had to re-pin the Vi-PEC cable. I do not have the specifics, but will, as I am awaiting receipt of a Vi-PEC serial cable (which I'll use with my DL-1 & V88).

Setup on the Vi-PEC V88 required setting the datastream mode to "OFF". According to the Vi-PEC help file, datastream mode should be set to either "OFF" or "Requested-- short" for Race-Technology dataloggers, Baud rate @ 57600. My friend who has a working V88 with serial DL-1 interface had to set datastream mode to "OFF" for it to function properly.

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 am

Thanks my friend

Any other info would be great

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Right guys car is up and running on vipec ecu

Ive flashed the ecu adapter with new software

Ive adapted a rs232 lead to a vipec ecu lead making sure rx tx is right,
will try hyperterminal when get chance to make sure something is being sent out ecu.

Nothing as yet thoughfrom ecu, we have set Baud rate to 57900 and tried datastream off and request short,still nothing

Any pointers

Cheers Adam :)

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Any more updates Willm :?:

Cheers Adam

WillM

Postby WillM » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi Adam,

All relatively good news!

My friend's V88 + DL-1 + Serial interface is working well, as far as I know.

I believe the original Serial Interface Configuration has changed, and a new Reflash will open up all of the AN Volt inputs (analog volt inputs 1-10).

I reflashed my Serial Interface with that configuration (which I received from my friend), and am now up and running. I have yet to map the channels, but the data is coming in.

Here are some info and suggestions I hope you find helpful:

1. My friend had to modify his Vipec Serial COMMs Cable to work correctly, but I did not. The serial COM cable I received from Vi-PEC was correctly pinned to work provide serial data communications through the CAN port.

I would suggest you take a close look at the Vi-PEC's CAN port pinout and compare it to the DL-1's serial port. Keep in mind that the plugs on the end of the wires will be mirror images of the ports they plug into, and that the receive (Rx) and transmit (Tx) pins will cross-over to one-another. I used a multimeter to check continuity on the pins.

2. In VTS, set DataStream Mode to OFF.
3. In VTS, set datarate to 57600 baud.
4. Perform a save to the Vi-PEC, and cycle the ECU off/and on. Changes to the DataStream mode and data rate only take effect after the settings are stored to the ECU, and the ECU is powered down and back on.

5. Use the DL1 configurator to create a new configuration where Incoming Serial Data is Enabled to the Memory Card and to the Serial Port.
6. If you would like to receive RPM from the ECU, you must disable RPM logging to the Memory Card and to the Serial Port (disable both).
7. Load the new configuration to the DL1.
8. Unplug the USB cable from the V88 and shut down VTS. According to Vi-PEC, simultaneous communication to the V88 via the USB port (connected to the PC and running the tuning software (VTS)), and serial port (connected to the DL1 Serial ECU Interface), can cause problems.
9. Power everything down and connect the DL1 directly to your computer using a null modem serial cable.
10. Power-on the DL-1 and launch Lite Monitor. Connect to the ECU. You should see data on all of your standard and external channels. If so, move on, if not, verify your connections and that you are using the correct type of serial cable.
11. Power down the DL-1.
12. Connect the ECU Interface to the DL-1, Vi-PEC's CAN bus (via Vi-PEC serial COM cable), and your PC (via null modem serial cable).
10. Power on the ECU and DL-1.
11. Launch Lite Monitor
12. You should see data on all of your standard and external channels AND the ECU channels.
13. Send me a thank-you note. ;)
14. For all of this testing, use Lite Monitor and NOT Monitor. Monitor is slow on my machine and overly cumbersome for testing purposes. I'm now using Monitor, and it is great, but for testing, Lite Monitor is the way to go.

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Spot on sir, will try that checklist

Most have done already

Reflashed the ecu/adapt with software sent from race-tech only last week, so should be ok.

My config was already working before so alot of the DL1 stuff should already be set/same, will check anyway

See waht happens

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Anymore pointers anyone

Support :?: :?:

Cheers Adam

Support

Postby Support » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 am

WillM has covered this very well. If you are still having problems its best to get in touch with our support team directly using the Support Tickets. http://www.race-technology.com/support_2_6.html

WillM

Postby WillM » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 am

Adam,

What version firmware are you using on the DL-1 and the Vi-PEC V88? I'm using the latest. I'm sure my friend is as well, since all of his equipment is new.

If your firmware is current, my guess is that there is an issue with the wiring/connections.

Verify that you are using the CAN port on the V88 and NOT the USB port.

Verify the pins on the Vi-PEC CAN/RS232 cable. If you are using a serial cable to extend the length of the Vi-PEC cable, connect the two and then check the pins. Use a multimeter or test light for this part.

With the ends of each cable facing you, the pins should be as follows:

Code: Select all

Serial End              Vipec End

------
                          /          \
     ----------                                   
   / o  o  o  o \       /    G     o   \
  /              \      ---
 /  o  R  T  o  G \        |   R     o  |
  ----------------      ---
                        \    T     o   /

\          /
                             ------   

Keep in mind that the transmit and receive pins must cross-over to one another, so continuity would be from:

Pin G to Pin G
Pin R to Pin T
Pin T to Pin R

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks again for the info mate

Tried lite Monitor tonight and nothing coming through, just shows up my added sensors

Its a brand new Vipec 44 only got it from Aus last week, should should be no probs there

Sure my DL1 is upto date but will check

Also check comms cable, yes using can lead and adapted to my old serial lead

Cheers Adam

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Another update

Checked comms cable tried either way ,nothing

Come to conclusion must be software for ecu adapter?
cant think of anything else

Cheers Adam

Support

Postby Support » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Did you re-check the configuration on the DL1?

Adam37tr

Postby Adam37tr » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Yes, tried pretty much as much as can think of

Couldnt get it working this weekend

Will have to try to get it down to Nottingham, as really on it alot

Cheers Adam

Return to “General support questions”