DASH4PRO Information at a glance with auxiliary data displays.
The DASH4PRO is a fully configurable display unit which has been designed to be used eiter as a flexible standalone CAN display, or as a tightly integrated display for Race Technology data loggers and SPEEDBOX systems (including the CATS - Complete Automotive Testing System).
DASH4PRO used as part of a Race Technology system, feeding back data and test results. It can be used to set up triggered tests on the SPEEDBOX products as well as reviewing previous test results and showing live data
When used with Race Technology SPEEDBOX and DL2 products it forms a user friendly and integrated solution capable of both displaying data, as well as controlling the system. The DASH4PRO can be used to display simple variables, the results from tests, configure SPEEDBOX triggered tests, display information, system messages and control of logging. The DASH4PRO can also be configured for alarms, so the user gets a warning if any variables go out of range, and has two sets of high brightness LEDs that can be configured for an number of different applications. The DASH4PRO is supplied with a standard configuration for use with CATS, so in most cases it can just be pluged in and used immediately.
The display is very compact, and can be permanently fitted, or simply mounted using a windscreen mount in the vehicle. It is available with two display options, either OLED or LCD depending on the application.
- OLED - Ultra high contrast, wide viewing angle, with wide operating temperature range, but not suitable for use in direct, bright sunlight.
- LCD - Backlit display for visibility in low light, transflective technology ensures it remains visible in bright sunlight.
Quick and easy to use performance meter for use with GPS enabled DL2 data loggers and SPEEDBOX products. Use the DASH4PRO to give instant feedback and results of performance tests: time between speeds (e.g. 0-60) and time over distance (e.g. ¼ mile times). The tests are easily setup using the menus on the display.
When used as a standalone CAN display the DASH4PRO can be quickly configured to display any combination of data from an industry standard DBC file. The data can be displayed over five screens, in different sized font, or displayed on barcharts and graphs. There are also more advanced options like maths channels, alarms, and the ability to output CAN commands.
Connect directly to a CAN bus (with the additional, direct CAN option) of a vehicle to monitor CAN variables on the fully configurable display screens and bi-colour LED scales.
Connect directly to third party equipment that has a CAN output (with the additional, direct CAN option), displaying the relevant data and system status on the fully configurable display screens and bi-colour LED scales.
The CAN option includes built in CAN tools for displaying incoming CAN messages, pefect for troubleshooting, development and reverse engineering.
- Display all variables at 20, 50, 100, 125, 160, 250, 500 kbps or 1000 (1Mbit) baud rates, displays all raw CAN at selected baud rate. This enables data baud rates to be quickly checked, and individual messages scrolled through.
- Check incoming addresses, frequency and see raw data values live.
- Display all raw CAN variables at the unit's configured baud rate, to quickly check the configuration, frequency, all incoming raw CAN addresses and their values
Please note: The direct CAN option is in addition to the standard features of the DASH4PRO.
A video explanation of the DASH4PRO CAN option is shown below:
- Mounting boss - Mounting boss with ¼"-20 UNC standard tripod mounting thread for use with suction mounts and other popular mounting systems
- Suction mount - Suction mount suitable for windscreen mounting the DASH4PRO in a vehicle.
- PC Programming lead - Power supply and serial data cable for PC connection and programming
- USB Programming lead - PC not got a serial port? Connect and power the DASH4PRO directly from the PC's USB port.
For a full specification on the DASH4PRO, and technical information, please visit our Knowledgebase here.