Installing the BRAKEBOX
The following checklist is designed to be a quick reference for connecting the system in day-to-day usage. For the first use of the system, it is recommended that the more detailed explanations of each step are read in their entirety before installing the unit.
- Ensure the power is OFF.
- Connect the supplied antenna to “GPS 1” on the unit.
- Connect the display lead to the D-sub labelled “Display” on the wiring loom.
- Connect the 12-way Binder connector on the loom to “CONN 1” on the unit.
- Mount the antenna on the vehicle roof – don’t crush the cable in the doors or windows.
- Secure the unit and the display safely in the vehicle – mounting orientation is not important.
- Connect the power to a 12V DC supply, eg a “cigarette-lighter” type plug.
- Use the up and down arrow buttons to navigate through menus and set values, the “SET” button to change a value or enter a submenu, and the “MENU” button to abort a change or leave a submenu.
"WARNING": To avoid any possible damage to the car paintwork, please take care when mounting magnetic GPS antennas. In particular make sure that there is no dust or grit under the antenna. In some cases it maybe required to add additional protection to the paintwork prior to mounting the antenna to avoid damage.