Hide minor edits - Show changes to markup
July 22, 2015, at 10:54 AM
Added lines 1-32:
Introduction to the display configuration tool
The display configuration tool can be used to control the behaviour and operation of all Race Technology data display products. Currently this includes:
- VOB - text over video overlay box
- DASH1 - 2 line text display with shift lights
- DASH2 - LCD dashboard with shift lights
The configuration procedures for all of these products are very similar, although the format of the displayed data and the available features depend on the hardware in question.
This section of the help document is split into the following detailed topics:
- Variable scaling - this section describes how to set up the conversion of a voltage or frequency to a "real" physical quantity, for example air temperature, fuel level, oil pressure. You can also use the variable scaling option to change units, for example speed in mph or kph.
- Variable filtering - this section describes how to set up the unit to reject noise and spikes that would otherwise cause erratic display values or incorrect alarm conditions to be triggered.
- Alarms - this section describes how to set up the alarm levels for each of the input channels.
- RPM setup - there are several options available for configuring the RPM processing and display, these are explained in more detail in this section.
- Gear indicator setup - options for configuring the gear indicator settings
- Variable naming and formatting - options for setting up the name, abbreviation, displayed units etc of the variable
- Setting up the data screens - this section shows you how to layout the information displayed on the screen.
- Other general options - this covers any other configuration options not already described in the sections above.
- Configuring the hardware - once you have entered all the configuration information into the software, this section explains how to transfer the configuration information to the display unit itself.