Adding Track Markers from the DASH3
1. Set up one of the buttons or button combinations on your DASH3 to the Add track marker function as described in the Editing Button Functions section.
2. Enter the DL1/DL2 configuration tool, and make sure that the "Decode serial data" option is ticked. The data logger must be configured with this option is ticked. Without enabling the Decode Serial data option on the data logger the commands from the DASH3 will be ignored.
Note: from version 7 of the configuration tool , the Decode serial data option is ticked as a default. In earlier versions of the software, the option will be labelled "Enable GSM modem mode", and you will need to tick it yourself.
3. Insert a correctly formatted compact flash card(in FAT16 format) into the data logger and turn it on.
4. Make sure that data logger’s internal GPS system has obtained a good positional lock. GPS Lock light on the data logger flashes when the GPS system is locked on. It flashes once slowly then a quick blink for each satellite it has locked onto.
5. Start logging the data.
6. Press the track marker button to add a marker. The DASH3 will jump to the track marker screen.
7. The DASH3 will show the “Adding marker” message on screen and a command will be sent to the data logger to add a track marker to the marker file.
8. The DASH3 will wait for a response from the data logger. If a response is not received in time – i.e. if response timeout occurs – the DASH3 will report this to the user
If a response from the logger was indicating the marker was not added, the reason for marker failure will also be reported to the user.
If a response from the logger was indicating the marker successfully added the “Track marker added” messages will be shown on screen
9. The DASH3 will then switch back to the normal display mode