A couple of general problems

Peter Carroll/Toronto

A couple of general problems

Postby Peter Carroll/Toronto » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:21 am

I have a DL1 MK2 and a Dash2. Bother were flashed recently with the following.

DASH2 customer reflash 9 0 5 080430.zip - 57k
DL1 MK2 customer reflash 060208 Ver11.zip - 48k

I have had a couple of intermittent problems and would like opinions as to what might be causing them.

1) The backlighting seems to come and go by itself. What determines if the backlighting comes on or not? If mine comes and goes, does that indicate a problem with the hardware?

2) Possibly related, the contrast on my Dash2 seems quite faint at times. If I power the dash on, the contrast is excellent for a split second during the test pattern but becomes faint once the unit is up and running. I thought this could be power related with several sensors. I rewired the dash using only an external voltage reference (7805) but it made no difference.

3) I occasionally loose the tach on the Dash2. Once in a while (maybe every 4-5 sessions) I will lose the tach. However, the shift lights keep working as expected. If I reboot the Dash2 on track, everything works again - except I lose the satellite lock and my DL1 data is useless.

The tach signal is a square wave from the BMW DME. MSS50 DME on a S50B32 Euro 3.2L E36 M3.

I don't see how it could be a wiring issue since the same tach signal is driving both the tach and the shift lights. I am also logging the tach signal on the DL1. Could that somehow be confusing the Dash2?

Any indeas would be appreciated. This is very frustrating.

Thanks
Peter

Return to “General support questions”