Serial data in with the DL1

Jelson

Serial data in with the DL1

Postby Jelson » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:55 am

Okay, my questions in the "sensor related questions" were never answered. But, I answered most of the questions myself, but I have just one more question. I have a load cell indicator that outputs ASCII data serially. I hooked it up to the serial port of the DL1. I configured the DL1 as per the instructions, and I got serial data, but they are not timed with anything on the DL1. In other words, I didn't see it anywhere in analyzer, and when I converted that what was recorded to a spreadsheet, I got all my other sensor data that I had hooked up at the time, but no serial data. I found that data on a separate file, though, but it's just the serial ASCII readout, no timing data, nothing connecting it to what's going on with the DL1, it's just recording the serial data, not saying when the data was recorded. Is there any way to get serial data to time or show up on the spreadsheet or in analyzer? So that I can see that at t=20 seconds, for example, I got 100 pounds, or that when the car was at position (x,y), the load cell was reading 120 pounds, etc.

The baud rate of the load cell indicator is 9600 baud and that is its maximum possible. I know that I *could* hook the load cell itself directly to the DL1, but it works on a 30mV/V operation. In other words, if I power it with 10V, and I have 1000 pounds on it, then I would only get 30mV out of the load cell. Since the DL1's resolution is only at about 3mV, I would only get a reading with the DL1 every 100 pounds or so.

BMWMPower

Serial data

Postby BMWMPower » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Ever fixed this and got an answer? Have the same question and also have seen the same question in 2011....this is even 2008!

Return to “General support questions”