How to share and compare data with users of other systems?

TheOtherEric

How to share and compare data with users of other systems?

Postby TheOtherEric » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:24 pm

Has anyone found a way to share and compare run data with users of other systems like Traqmate, G2X, etc? R/T doesn't have an import feature (it can only export to .csv) so it seems like we'd have to either analyze in Excel, use somebody's software that can import data, or find a way to create our own .RUN file with data from other systems.

There MUST be some solution to this, since there are so many different loggers in use out there.

tristancliffe

Postby tristancliffe » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:12 pm

That would be great!!!!!!!!! I would love to compare Race Technology data with Racepak data. As most software can export in a 'known' format to Trackvision overlay software with csv files then in theory all we need is a bit of software than can read csv data and analyse it.

Graphs, histograms, maps etc.

However, most of the datalogging companies want to keep people with THEIR systems, so I can't see many allowing such easy transfer of data. Which means a clever person would have to write their own analysis software, and that rules me out as I struggle with Hello World!
Monoposto 2000 - Reynard 883 Toyota

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm not aware of anything available but I definitely believe there would be a market for it. We just need some enterprising code geek to write it. :)
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”