Logging serial data in

jstoezel

Logging serial data in

Postby jstoezel » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi:

Could somebody explain how serial data logging works on the DL1 MK3? I have sensors that output serial data in ASCII form, and I would like the DL1 MK3 to log this stream, for later processing.

I've hooked up a serial terminal to serial port 1 of the DL1 and sent data @115200 bauds while the unit was logging. No serial data in showed up in the run file - I was hoping something would be logged in channel 19 - Serial Data Input. The unit seems to echo back whatever I send though...

Looking in the DL1 configuration tool I don't see any way to enable the logging of serial data to the memory card...

I've searched in this forum, found a bunch of similar posts where users are asking how to enable serial data logging, and retrieve data but I don't think there was any reply that helped.

Any help getting serial data in logged would be greatly appreciated. This is one of the reason why I bought a DL1.

Jean

BMWMPower

Hi

Postby BMWMPower » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 pm

I have the same question. But your thread is from 2011! Did you ever got an answer?

racetec
Site Admin

Postby racetec » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:41 am

Hi, we now have a much improved system in place for receiving notifications regarding forum posts. I do apologise that jstoezel never received a reply on here, but I have sent this to an engineer so that he can answer. Please let me know if you have any problems.

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi,

Yes - we can support you in doing this, there isn't much information on the web as it's fairly specialized. Can you email details of what you want to do to andrew@race....com and I'll do my best to help out.

Kind regards,

Support - Andy

Return to “General support questions”