Probelms with info from DL1 to Dash 2

Graeme Davis

Probelms with info from DL1 to Dash 2

Postby Graeme Davis » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm at a race meeting and have a probelm where my data from rev, water oil etc al goes to my DL1 but I don't get any display on my Dash 2.

Normally when I start the car the main screen comes on and then 3-4 secs later the data displays.

One problem I have been advised is that I could have lost my configuration on the Dash.

Could this be correct ?

and if yes does someone have a Basic Dash Configuration file they could send me that I could try loading up. Would this work.

3 rd on the grid but don't want to blow the engine.
Graeme

Support

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Hello,

Please can you send me some data from the DL1 along with this message to kieran@race-tech... and i will check to see if the data is there.

Kind regards,
Kieran

Graeme Davis

Postby Graeme Davis » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Checked that there is data on the card and there is, all details eg speed , water temp, revs ( but not converted) etc are all being recorded but have lost the display on the dash 2.

All I get is the Rev Counter static line on the Dash 2 when fired up. Light works to indicate that I have my lights on.

It's on a black Mini 7 - I think you visited (In Leicester) and set it up when we were having problems originally.

I have an old dash.dat file that we originally used but not for the config that was put on when you visited (not sure if it was changed) - should I try reloading the old dash.dat to the Dash 2 or do you have a copy from when it was set up.

I assume this is done automatically by inserting the SD card into the data logger.

Have a basic understanding of the system but that is it so can you keep replies to a simple level !!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Graeme

Support

Postby Support » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Afternoon,

Sorry for the delay. I checked on our server and I cannot find a record of your configuration. Do I understand correctly that Kieran set this up for you on site? If he did then we should have a copy of the config on file, but we need to wait until tomorrow to ask him.

If in the mean time you have an old configuration you can try then you might as well use this I think.

Thanks,

Support - Andy

Graeme Davis

Postby Graeme Davis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 am

Thanks Andy

Yes Dash was set up on site.

Just to clarify to load the Dash.dat file all i have to do is put it on an SD card, put it in the DL1, power it up and then it should automatically load to the Dash2 ?????
Graeme

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Correct.

BR,
(K)

Graeme Davis

Postby Graeme Davis » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:06 pm

Ok tried that and it doesn't so it implies that there is a problem between the DL1 and the Dash 2 or the Dash 2 has stopped working.

Next suggestion ?
Graeme

Graeme Davis

Postby Graeme Davis » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Problem Fixed.

After having checked the connections of the serial cable at each end ie DL1 and Dash 2 several times we went to pull out the whole connection lead out and have found that there was another connector in the middle of the lead which had come slightly apart causing the loss of data !!!
Graeme

Graeme Davis

Follow up from above

Postby Graeme Davis » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:14 am

Afternoon,

Sorry for the delay. I checked on our server and I cannot find a record of your configuration. Do I understand correctly that Kieran set this up for you on site? If he did then we should have a copy of the config on file, but we need to wait until tomorrow to ask him.
If in the mean time you have an old configuration you can try then you might as well use this I think.

Thanks,
Support - Andy

Andy - do you have a copy of this file - I want to do some changes to the Dash set up but need to have this file as my back up in case it goes wrong.

thanks
Graeme

Support

Support

Postby Support » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Hi Graeme,

Sorry i can't find any configurations under your name. Any other name i can look for?

Kind regards,
Kieran

Return to “General support questions”