real laptime on dash3

b-ballmvp

real laptime on dash3

Postby b-ballmvp » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello from Germany,

I have a Dash 3, Video4 and a DL1 all together in my Caterham connected with the KMS ECU.

How can I display the real laptime in the dash3 and also in the video4?

Like in this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39VW0D6SxA

you see there the current time is running... how can I achieve this?

regards
Matthias

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello Matthias,

I can't answer the dash question but, as the author of the video you linked to I can answer that question.

The video is "post-processed" in that I added the overlay after the video was captured. I have generally always done it this way as it provides greater flexibility (i.e. you can produce a 'clean' as well as an overlayed video, or even many different styles of overlayed video).

When you post-process you can use the the "Time into Lap" variable which you first have to switch this on in Variable Manager.

I'm not sure this variable is available 'live' but have never tried so it may be.

Maxx

b-ballmvp

Postby b-ballmvp » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:44 am

anyone from the official support?

Support

Postby Support » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:21 pm

Maxx does lots of work with the VIDEO4 and analysis video export, he probably knows as us :o)

Lap times can be added to the live VIDEO4 overlay, but time into lap and time into sector are only available when exporting from analysis NOT in real time on the VIDEO4.

Kind regards,

RT Support - Andy

b-ballmvp

Re:

Postby b-ballmvp » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Maxx wrote:Hello Matthias,

I can't answer the dash question but, as the author of the video you linked to I can answer that question.

The video is "post-processed" in that I added the overlay after the video was captured. I have generally always done it this way as it provides greater flexibility (i.e. you can produce a 'clean' as well as an overlayed video, or even many different styles of overlayed video).

When you post-process you can use the the "Time into Lap" variable which you first have to switch this on in Variable Manager.

I'm not sure this variable is available 'live' but have never tried so it may be.

Maxx

Hi Maxx, I am referring to an old post from 2013 regarding your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39VW0D6SxA

can you please tell me how to implement the map into the video? I have already a .lap file and a .map file. I was already able to show the marker in the video, but it is only a small part of the complete track, not the complete track like in your video. I hope you understand what I mean. Which are the correct settings in the track map properties in my Video4 configuration tool and what are the correct settings in the analysis software?

Looking forward to hear from you, thank you in advance.

Best regards from Germany,
Matthias

b-ballmvp

Re:

Postby b-ballmvp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Support wrote:Maxx does lots of work with the VIDEO4 and analysis video export, he probably knows as us :o)

Lap times can be added to the live VIDEO4 overlay, but time into lap and time into sector are only available when exporting from analysis NOT in real time on the VIDEO4.

Kind regards,

RT Support - Andy

Hi Andi, can you please tell me how? I have added a digital display in my video4 overlay, the variable in the display is "time into lap". Then I started recording the video, but afterwards it shows nothing. Is this the correct way? What do you mean with "exporting from analysis"?

b-ballmvp

Re: real laptime on dash3

Postby b-ballmvp » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:25 am

any reply to my two topics?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 am

Hi Matthias,

Exporting video is the act of adding a visual overlay to the video using analysis rather than in real time using the VIDEO4. You would need to configure your VIDEO4 layout to be completely blank, other than the cameras you are using. You should then create a data recording. and load into analysis.

Once loaded in, go to File > Export as Video.

You will then be able to select your overlay file to export the video with. Once done you'll find that timeslip works correctly.

Kind Regards
RT Support (SK)

Maxx

Postby Maxx » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

Just going through some old thread, did you figure this out OK Matthias?

Maxx

Return to “General support questions”