Avoiding nuisance alerts on oil psi etc

Bikey

Avoiding nuisance alerts on oil psi etc

Postby Bikey » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm trying to avoid getting a low oil pressure alert on my Dash 4 - currently I get "low" alerts when the car is sitting without the engine running and every time I turn off the car and start the car. I would like the system to reference RPM before deciding whether to send an alert as I only care if there is low oil pressure when the engine is running.
Is the only way to do avoid the nuisance low psi alerts to rewrite the equation in the oil pressure sensor channel and force the oil psi reading to a number that will not trigger an alert when RPM is <600?
It is also annoying for AFR and fuel pressure. Fuel pressure is trickier as I would like to know fuel pressure, occasionally, when the engine is not running to ensure the pump is working and the regulator is properly set.

Thanks.

Support

Support

Postby Support » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Hello,

Yes it is possible. You can use a user defined equation.

Similar to what i wrote here>>> http://www.race-technology.com/forum/vi ... 1842#11842

Make the user defined equation to read 30 for example if RPM is less then 2000 and have the alarm based on the user defined channel.

if(VAR_0010>2000,30,VAR_3501)

If(RPM is less then 2000 output 30 else output oil pressure)

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Bikey

Postby Bikey » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Got it, thanks.

sideways-dan

Postby sideways-dan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 pm

doesn't > mean more than? and < less than?

how can i add this into an already long equation i have that flashes my shift lights when oil pressure is low? is there any info on creating equations? are there any limits to the length and complexity of the equations?

Support

Support

Postby Support » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:39 pm

Sideways-dan you are correct. tyop ;-)

Here is some info on the equations
http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/ind ... /Equations

There is a limit but all i can say is it is big. It is not related to how many characters you write so it is difficult to say how long.

I recommend you use analysis and create a user defined channel using your equation with some of the limits changed so it triggers and look at it on a graph to see if it works.

Kind regards,
Support (K)

Return to “General support questions”