5v reference died

rodgling

5v reference died

Postby rodgling » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:54 pm

One of the 5V reference outputs on my dash2pro seems to have died - it's now outputting about 1.6V which I think drops to zero when I put any load on it, judging by the readings I see. I'm using the other 5V reference for now but any thoughts on how/why this happened? (Car hadn't moved so not really sure what could have caused it).

rodgling

Postby rodgling » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:53 am

got to the bottom of this one, I think: noticed that the USB connection and the buttons weren't working either (although there was still 3.25V and ground going to the buttons, pressing them did nothing). Unplugged the dash and noticed that inside the A connector, a few strands of wire (from trimming/stripping wires) had fallen inside and were clearly shorting a bunch of pins. Removed those and it seems to be working again.

Any ideas if this could have caused any damage, or is the dash sufficiently protected against this sort of thing?

Support

Postby Support » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:01 am

Hi,

Generally the dash is well protected in this area. It is possible that damage could occur but it is quite unlikely. Keep an eye on the unit. If you notice anything strange during operation please get in touch and we will arrange for the unit to be sent to our offices for inspection.

Regards,
Support (SK)

Return to “General support questions”