DL1/Dash1 - Displays the numbers too fast

shasselg

DL1/Dash1 - Displays the numbers too fast

Postby shasselg » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:25 pm

I have just received my DL1/Dash1 and have installed it temporary in another car to start understanding how it works...before I put it more permanently in my Caterham.

But, putting for example speed, rpm or so on the display is somewhat a challenge for me...It is almost impossible to read it as the numbers go up and down all the time with such speed that they become unreadable on the screen. I have been trying to work out if the filtering could do the job to slow down the speed of change but I cannot figure out how...Does anyone know?

disquek

Postby disquek » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:02 pm

IMHO: Any digital display of RPM will be nearly impossible to read. I'd expect the same of speed.

The Dash can display the change in speed in real time, it' just that it takes a human too long to read and interpret the number.

I'd stick with an analog or bar graph tach and speedo. For things like temps and oil pressure (which change slowly) it's fine.

-Kyle

jlucas

Postby jlucas » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:26 am

Have you tried altering the max rate of change or or the number of samples to average over settings under input scaling in the dash config utility?
Jeremy Lucas
Fast Tech Limited - a Race Technology Dealer

Return to “General support questions”