DL1 rpm issues

AndreasS

DL1 rpm issues

Postby AndreasS » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:19 pm

I have a DL1 (2 green connectors) and have only been using 2 analog sensors up to now. I have since taken an rpm feed from the ECU of my motorcycle and fed it into the rpm 5v connection.

After setting up the correct 'Ignition Pulses per Revolution' in vehicle options I was able to log rpm correctly. After only one days use I now get no data from the rpm at all.

I can still view previous rpm logged in the software so my software isn't the issue, it just looks like that channel has died?

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:41 pm

If it is the same connection that goes to the primary side of the coil it may have damaged the DL1, that signal should go to "spark in".

If it is low voltage diagnostic or tach signal (say, 0-5V), it should not have hurt the DL1. I assume all connections are good?

You can always try feeding the signal into "spark in" and seeing if that works.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

AndreasS

Postby AndreasS » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:11 pm

It is a 0-5v signal that feeds the ecu. I tried using the spark in connection but nothing. I now have it kinda working by using one of the frequency channels but it is not totally accurate.

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Certainly sounds like a hardware failure, but a 0-5V should not have hurt it, that's what it is designed for.

Probably needs to come back for a repair.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

AndreasS

Postby AndreasS » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:46 pm

Well I bought it in the UK in November to take back with me to South Africa soooooo.... where do I send it? I understand there is a distributor in South Africa but not sure where

RTUSA
Site Admin

Postby RTUSA » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:36 pm

Andreas:

Go to the website Support section and open a support ticket there, summarize your situation and you should receive guidance.
Al Seim
Race Technology USA

Return to “General support questions”